Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me some 35mm film
  • RaglanSurf
    Free Member

I’ve pretty much always used Kodachrome when it comes to 35mm slide film and FP4 & HP5 when it comes to B&W print but as it’s been a few years since I’ve bought anything else I thought I’d ask the STW folk if they have any recommendations. I’m sure film gas moved on a little in the last few years, also I’m not really bothered about using the C41 type B&W film, I’ve never been that keen TBH.

I’m off to Cuba in a few weeks and will be taking the Nikon DSLR but also want to take the Nikkormat for some film lovliness.

Cheers

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Velvia? Only used a couple of rolls of it with an old Olympus Trip but damn, the colours were amazing!

ScotlandTheScared

Velvia – its the only way to go… kodachrome = poop in comparison imho

user-removed
    Free Member

I used to use HP-5 and FP-4 almost exclusively, then tried a roll or two of Fuji Neopan 400 and have used it ever since – just got a delivery of 10 rolls this morning. Great grain pattern and very forgiving.

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Intersting, thanks folks, was just about to hit the ‘buy’ button. Velvia RVP 100, 100F or 50?

dooge
    Free Member

50 all the way, especially for bright sunshine.

Black and white, I always liked Delta 100.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Another BIG vote for Neopan. Lovely, lovely film. Great tones, puts detail in very dark places!

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Where do you guys recommend to get slide film developed?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some 35mm film’ is closed to new replies.