Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me some 3/4 tights
  • topangarider
    Free Member

As per title.

I’d prefer non bib if there’s some good recommendations.

Oh – and not crazy expensive either!

jam-bo

i’ve got some quite good ground effect ones. can’t remember what they are called though.

nickc

Either Ground effect montezumas or the Cheaper Endura ones (the more expensive MT500 ones are very oddly shaped)

topangarider
    Free Member

Gator – do the Edinburgh Cycles ones come in the same sizing as Endura ones do you know? (as they’re made by them)

paultm
    Free Member

Realise you said you preferred non-bib, but the price is good.
    DHB Earnley
    or for colder days
    DHB Merston

I bought a pair of each and I am pretty impressed. Watch the sizing though I had to buy one up.

gator
    Free Member

Similar sizing to ‘old’ Endura

I’m 5’10” – 82Kgs (ish) and take a large in both – if that helps ?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi do good kit and often getting sold off cheap on wiggle or evans cycles.

Bez

My favourites are the Giordana Solid (about £33 from Parker International). Padded, fleece-lined, non-bib, and a good length for tall’uns like me.

topangarider
    Free Member

Paultm – Looked at these but they only have the new ones in my size, and at the new price it opens up other options.

Gator – thanks, Does that mean the large as actually a large then!! In Endura stuff I’m a medium on the bottom half, but according to their size chart, I should be Large!

Will keep an eye out for some Pearl stuff – looks v nice.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Have a look at Polaris stuff – good prices, excellent quality.

topangarider
    Free Member

The polaris 3 Quartz were one of the pairs I was looking at, but not having any other gear by them – not sure. They are from my home town though!

Shinythings
    Free Member

If you are a large, then get yourself onto Wiggle and get one of the last few DHB Merston 3/4 XL (just right as a large) They are bibs, but have Zip so peeing is no prob.
    Absolutely sold on them after suffering Endura’s! The pad is top notch.
    Best of all, they are less than half price at £20!!

topangarider
    Free Member

Gator – do you mind me asking what waist you are? I got a pair of Endura shorts in Large and they’re huge, consequently my singletrack shorts and trousers are Medium. Any ideas if this would be a revolution M or L?

Waiting for a reply from Edinbugh BC themselves too!

Thanks.

gator
    Free Member

32″ to 33″ waist – Large for old endura – Large for Edinburgh

New endura sizes have gone nuts !!

Sorry for taking so long – only just seen the reply while looking for something else ?

allyharp

How new is new Endura sizing Gator?

I’ve got some medium Humvees from about 2 years ago. I’m wondering if I can safely assume i’ll take a medium Meryl 3/4 tights.

theflatboy
    Free Member

mr richards, who stocks those ibex garbs in the uk?

some of the tops on that site are very pleasant in an understated sort of way, a bit like myself.

could you perhap point me in the direction of where one might procure some?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some 3/4 tights’ is closed to new replies.