Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me: silver single ring specific cranks that'll take 38T ring
  • woodsman
    Free Member

I like middleburn but singlespeed (no spider) will only take 32T, (it's for a Rohloff geared).

So far, it's down to White Ind Eno's

Any others?

snaps
    Free Member

I've got some Raceface Evolve DH with a 38T DMR ring & RF BB for sale from my Rohloff set up – email in profile.

woodsman
    Free Member

I need 170 cranks, they look mahoosive, and a bit agricultural for my needs, but thanks all the same snaps.

It's to replace these:

finnegan
    Free Member

Can't help with other suggestions, but there were some ENO cranks for sale in another thread – I can't find the thread right now, but the seller was LittleBoyLuke@aol.com.

woodsman
    Free Member

Cheers finnegan, but they were 175

tinsy
    Free Member

Campag Centaur ultra torque, stiff, light, completely serviceable BB (takes 10 mins to grease the bearings) and pretty sure you can find a 38t ring for them, but the compact comes with a 34t and something big.

woodsman
    Free Member

Quite like that tinsy, any more purchase info, and does that mean I can use one of those new CK headsets (same as Shimano etc compatibilty)?

IA

Middleburn are making (make?) 38t unos for rolhoff use – give them a call?

woodsman
    Free Member

Intersting IA, I emailed Middleburn last week and White Ind, only the latter have responded. I'll try calling them before making a descision. ta

the_pilot
    Free Member

Middleburn do a 38. I have used 34 and even 32 with my rohloff. 34/15 or 34/13. You would need to be superhuman to break it in my opinion and I don't really miss the absolute top end…like the campy idea though, a little bit different, but whats the chainline? roady chainline is usually somewhat narrower?

woodsman
    Free Member

I'll let you know how I get on calling Middleburn later – they've still no replied to last weeks email. I've got the gearing spot on for me 38*16.
    Good point on the campy road rings – guess other rings may fit it?

rolfharris
    Free Member

A Shimano standard road crankset (Ultegra/105) comes with 39/52T rings if that'd be manageable?

samuri
    Free Member

I've just got these. That's a 44t ring.

woodsman
    Free Member

Update:I called Middleburn and found them very helpful, they do indeed do a 38T ring for the Uno, trouble is the chainline on SS is much different to running a Roholff, it can be done but bottom bracket lenths would need to be changed to suit. The Rohloff sprocket is right on the edge of the hub, where as a SS is further in towards the hub. An RS7 arm with a 'Dual' spider is the way to go – apparently!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: silver single ring specific cranks that'll take 38T ring’ is closed to new replies.