• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me PS3 games for a 10 year old boy . . .
  • skinnysteel
    Free Member

As title really: 3 or 4 games.
    Enjoys FIFA 11 on his Wii – is 12 on PS3 significantly better? A driving game – GT5 perhaps? Possible alternatives to these, plus a couple of others, tho’ I have to say we don’t want to stray too far from ‘age ratings’ so no gore-fests please!
    Thanks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Little Big Planet…? Driving games like GT5 can be proper hard.

rewski
    Free Member

Dirt2 or 3
    Burnout

bigbloke
    Free Member

need for speed hot pursuit. Great laugh being chased by cops or being the cops doing the chasing. My 8 yr old lad loves it……….as do i secretly shoosh.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

driving games could be ,motorstorm or the f1 series, previous versions going cheap, other games could inckude the lego series of games, my twins love them, so do i, or there is the rachet and clank games, also good for kids.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Modern warfare 3. All his mates will have it.

GW
    Free Member

Modern warfare 3[b]Black-ops/MW2[/b]. All his mates will have.

I’d agree, they’re the FPS of choice for our 9yr old. (Campaign does have a few adult moments and some explicit language so upto you if your boy’s mature enough for that) but they’ll spend more time online than on campaign, just make sure when he plays online voice chat is off (PSN is full of sweary teens/adults). actually that goes for almost every game.
    I generally play any 15+ rated game first (the rating system is overly protective and 12+ ratings are fine for 6/7yr olds) myself until I finish it and then decide if it’s suitable or not (not al that many aren’t TBH).
    if you really don’t want to let him play COD (or other over 12+ age rated games) other games worthing look at..

Bloodstone & Quantum of Solace – pretty similar game engine to COD in single player only much tamer (onine is nowhere near as good as COD tho)
    Rachet and clank series – platform adventure blasters
    Transformers – running/flying/driving around shooting everything
    Star Wars – I hate anything about starwars but he really enjoyed game
    Batman Arkham Asylum – 3rd person stealth/beat em up puzzle adventure
    Tombraider underworld – 3rd person platform/shoot/beat em up puzzle adventure.
    Lego series – great in 2 player split screen, there’s not really a bad one TBH – Harry Potter is prob fav out of the all
    Burnout paradise – brilliant fun driving, racing, crashing in free roaming city
    GT5 – massively tedious for the first few hours but great when you get into it, online has been improved recently too.
    infamous – 3rd person free roaming city based city shooter/fighter with missions
    LBP 1 & 2 – platformers with character and a really good level designer
    MX Vs ATV Alive/Reflex

Go to IGN or Gamespot for fairly indepth reviews.

I thought Dirt3 was rubbish, hardly played it (buy it off me if you want it)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me PS3 games for a 10 year old boy . . .’ is closed to new replies.