• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me one of those photo landscape stitch things?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

You know, the one's that stitch lots of images together to make one? Had a good one on my old PC a while ago but can't remember what it was and now looking for something for my new PC.

Cheers 🙂

beamers

PTGUI is the one I use and it works very well indeed.

Burts
    Free Member

Windows live photo gallery, it's a free download.

For best results, overlap your photos by at least a 1/3, maybe more.

JulianA
    Free Member

Microsoft Image Composite Editor (part of Windows Live) or Autostitch for me…

DrJ

I have RealViz Photostitcher. Not sure why I chose it 🙁

el_creedo
    Free Member

Autostitch – free and stupidly easy to use succesfully (unlike alot of the others which can be complex and have very poor matching capabilities).
    Give s a nice HRD effect too on some shots!

My results here – http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_creedo/sets/72157619872003928/

This is my fave biking one –

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Ok ..

Autostitch, that sounds like what I had before so downloaded that but the stiched image opens with Adobe Album and I can't save or change the file name so if I do 2 panoramas the second one has the same file name so won't save? How do I change my default imageviewer?

Downloded the Windows Photo Gallery but can't see how you stitch photos together on that, wheres the command?

😕

JulianA
    Free Member

Downloded the Windows Photo Gallery but can't see how you stitch photos together on that, wheres the command?

You need Image Composite Editor

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I use Hugin which is free and might be what PTGui is based on if memory serves. Lots of controls but I just let it get on with it on default settings and it does fine!
    Although it might be a bit wide for here…

JulianA
    Free Member

As far as Autostitch is concerned, it seems to save whatever it has stitched together as pano.jpg. This will open in whatever application is configured as the default application associated with that file type, so if all your .jpg files open with Adobe Album and you want them to open with something else, right click the file and select 'Properties' from the pop-up menu. At the top of the Properties panel underneath the name and the file type there is an 'Opens with' item. Click 'Change' and select the application you want to associate with .jpg files. Otherwise just right click the file and select 'Open With' from the pop-up menu.

As far as the file name thing goes, you will have to go into Windows Explorer and change the name of each panorama that you create with Autostitch. Another very good reason to use Image Composite Editor as you can select the type of file that it creates and choose your own file name at this point.

Hope this helps

Julian

5thElefant
    Free Member
    DrJ

As far as I can understand, Hugin and PTGui are both front ends to a set of software called Panorama Tools.

Anyway, another option is: http://www.panoramafactory.com/

aP
    Free Member

I use autostitch and just change the file name when saving the pano, its not really very hard – you can also change the settings to get better quality images, etc etc.
    The only thing about it is that pano-ing with about 25x5Mb jpgs takes an age.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me one of those photo landscape stitch things?’ is closed to new replies.