Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me H7 bulbs for my car, please.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

My Peugeot 406 needs better lights. It uses H7 bulbs and the standard Halfords ones are not very bright. I tried Xenon bulbs but they were exceptionally poor, never gave any light. So where do I go to get something decent? Thanks.

Macavity
    Free Member

Ring
    or have a look here
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/61032/bulb_test_h7_50.html

and some people dont realise how bad there eyesight is, worth having an eye test. Even just to have glasses to drive in the dark.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I put some of these in recently on the advice of my local motor factor, he had good feedback off someone else, and I can honsetly say that they are the best set of bulbs I’ve ever put in the car (and I have to change them every year – Volvo’s do eat through them)Noticably whiter than previous bulbs.

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=2050

I think they were £18 for the pair

RustyMac
    Dino
    Free Member

+ 1 for the Osram Nightbreaker plus

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t seem to have any real troubles with my 306 lights with regards seeing stuff, but I recently got sent a pair of 100W H7s instead of 55s that I’d requested. On using them I get flashed at pretty much every trip (despite my headlights being properly aligned), so I’ve switched them to my full beams instead. Notably brighter and better visibility, but I don’t really seem to need it if I stick to sensible speeds. Unlike my celica, who’s headlights just pass as brighter than candles, in a car capable of notably more riotous behaviour.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I tried Xenon bulbs

My understanding is that they are a bit of a con – you need proper Xenon fittings for ‘proper’ Xenon lights – those retro-fit bulbs probably just have a little bit of Xenon gas in the bulb so they can call them Xenon – they don’t work like proper Xenon lights.

Hairychested
    Free Member

m_f, exactly right.
    I’m going to buy some Osram bulbs probably.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I got the Osram ones from Motaman too – I would say they are marginally brighter than the standard ones.

Watch out for fitting 100w instead of 55w. I did it on my Mk2 GTI and it burnt the headlight switch out. Maybe it was crap switch though…

Raindog
    Free Member

PIAA make the best bulbs, but they are a bit pricey. here I sold loads when I worked at Tweeks and not one person ever had a bad word to say about them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me H7 bulbs for my car, please.’ is closed to new replies.