Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me cheap accommodation in Aviemore
  • Kunstler

I’ve got a trip up with work this week and want to stay on for a few days. I’ve got a seat-of-the-pants budget. I’m hoping to do Bynack More one day, Glen Feshie munros the next and maybe Beinn Bhrotain and Monadh Mor on third day if I can stretch to it. Not camping as it’s too much gear to take.

phatstanley
    Free Member

i love the glen feshie hostel myself:
    http://www.glenfeshiehostel.co.uk/gallery.html
    great spot.

scotroutes

Try Glenmore Lodge or Aviemore hostel (the one by the Bridge Inn)

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Hostel next to bridge in is good on a budget.
    And
    its next to the bridge inn!!!! Good booze and food!!

paulo123
    Free Member

I stayed in the SYHA hostel on the way into town, it was fine and cheap. And I agree, the Bridge Inn is ace!

Kunstler

Thanks for the tips. I stayed at the Aviemore Bunkhouse – part of the wonderful Old Bridge Inn. I was lucky to get a dorm all to myself for two nights. The pub is great – the food especially (though not cheap) but if you’re needing large portions of refuel on a budget then Mackenzies, though it doesn’t have quite the same charm gives you mountains of food.

Bothy bikes were also brilliantly helpful with bike stuff and route advice.

seosamh77
    Free Member

another shout for the old bridge inn, good pub and good food there too. But there’s a good kitchen in the hostel if you want to self cater, tesco just up the main street..

Northwind

Yeah, good kitchen in the hostel really helps budget travelling. The hostel by the bridge inn’s a good ‘un- cleaner than most, quieter than most as the rooms have actual walls not just shonky partitions, etc. And if you like you can recreate drunken Hans Rey stunts on the picnic tables.

bspoked
    Free Member

Hostel at the bridge inn +1.

Food is not cheap though. But the spinach tart thing is lovely…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me cheap accommodation in Aviemore’ is closed to new replies.