• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IA.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me an uplift
  • garethh
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a good uplift? I have 10 days off work so looking for somewhere good quality, based in Sheffield and thinking of a 2 day trip somewhere maybe cwm carn or a mix of places. Think innerleithen might be a bit too far.

All advice appreciated and yes I did previously posted this in the classifieds! Doh!

IA

Inners aint that far from sheffield. Similar distance to cwm carn? And a lot more tracks to ride there, probably more and better accommodation too, as you can always stay in edinburgh.

kimbers

could mix it up with cwmcarn one day and forest of dean the next theyre only 30 miles apart

nant gwrytherin (sp?) has an uplift 6th of march awesome track personally im looking forward to this being open…..
    http://northwalesmtb.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=trails&action=print&thread=5013 by the summer hopefully

wrightyson
    Free Member

inners is worth the trip!!!!

jemima
    Free Member

I think inners and cwm carn are practically the same distance from Sheffield. Could easily do a 2-day uplift at Inners and not get bored there’s that many tracks to explore. I recommend it. Also, if you go up the A1 you could stop off at Hamsterly which is a nice fun place to do an uplift at.

stooo
    Free Member

Inners!

I appreciate that I’m biased as I live here/there… and I’ve not ridden the other trails mentioned….

However, there really is an astonishing amount of tracks/trails to ride here in Inners and to top it off, the town usually has a cracking atmosphere on a saturday night when there’s an uplift on. Pretty small place, but everyone is super friendly – especially to MTBers as they appreciate the business they bring to the area. I only moved down here from Edinburgh 11 months ago, but always loved the atmosphere the place had when down here for a weekend’s riding before.

Good, friendly, local bike shops to give you pointers on which trails to check out too etc.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ecstasy with a teenth of coke should do the trick.

Inners, there are more tracks and they are better (in my opinion). The matador is ACE!

Northwind

Innerleithen’s pretty great… Though it takes either local knowledge or a fair bit of time to get the best out of it I reckon. That said you could do your 8 runs on the waymarked trails no bother.

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

+1 for Inners via Hamsterley, the latter well under rated with lots of tracks and line options.

Whenever I go to Cum Carn I always feel I spent all day on a bus to ride 1 line, 1 wet line. On the plus side, I did nearly get blown off on the bridge there once.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Another vote for Inners, stay an extra day and ride the XC as well!

Diane
    Free Member

Inners – goes without saying really 🙂 (But I have only ridden there 😀 )

IA

Good point about hamsters too, fun track for a warmup on the way up. It’s not too bad a push either if there’s no uplift running.

I’ve ridden all the tracks suggested, and inners would get my vote, even through I’ve ridden there the most as I live close by.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an uplift’ is closed to new replies.