Will keep you posted Al, but I don't think I'll be doing a lot more.
I wanted something that would:
1) surf the internets (tick)
2) stream 6music/TV shows on iPlayer (tick)
3) Access Spotify and play music from that (tick)
4) access e-mails (tick)
5) stream music from a NAS drive (tick, but needs work)
6) play music from a library on SD card to a suitable audio standard (tick)
So really all I want to do now is get a better UPnP player app than the one on applib, which shouldn't be hard now I have Aptoide (which appears to be some sort of app loader which, rather than downloading the apps from Android Market, downloads them from a cache held elsewhere).
I might explore the Skype functionality for when I'm abroad, I might also explore getting movies onto it (and downloading iPlayer programmes), again for when I'm abroad.
Edit: I feel I have to point out again that this little gadget only cost £120. It's really quite a bargain IMHO.