Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me an acoustic guitar
  • Rosss
    Free Member

One for the Guitarists this!

I’ve decided an acoustic guitar is the best present for my sister. She’s played a little before but not for a few years so i’m looking for a beginner – Intermediate type of thing. Looking to pay circa £50 less if possible.

Thanks in advance

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Steel or nylon strung ? however….In all honesty, anything new at that price will almost certainly be a real piece of crap,Like buying an unbranded mtb off a garage forecourt for £50 if you will.

At that price you’ll be much better off trying to get something secondhand.

seahouse
    Free Member

+1

jimification
    Free Member

Agreed. £50 isn’t enough to build a decent guitar. Go secondhand (lots of secondhand acoustics on gumtree etc.)

As mentioned, you need to find out whether she is playing classical guitar (nylon strung) or acoustic guitar (steel strung – folk, blues, pop etc.) they sound and play quite different and you can’t put steel strings on a nylon string guitar.

Rosss
    Free Member

Nylon strung and I forgot to mention second hand is what I was thinking

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Agreed. £50 isn’t enough to build a decent guitar

sorry, i disagree a little.

yes, a better used guitar for 50quid would be better ‘IF’ you know what you are looking at.

but some of the cheapies that argos do i reckon for a beginner are worth a go. my first guitar was a second hand argos job, 12quid, and even now it still sounds fine… for the money. same goes for the one that my boy started with, they are ok and very cheap.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an acoustic guitar’ is closed to new replies.