Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a winter road tyre
  • Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’m looking at replacing the Tyres on my winter bike. Currently I have Continental Grand Prix 4000S Tyres fitted but the sidewalls are splitting so time to change. I have generally been happy with the Continental Tyres so was looking at the Continental Grand Prix 4 Season 700x25mm Tyres.

Can anyone recommend a winter tyre that they use that they are happy with?

STATO
    Free Member

Been very happy with my GP4 seasons, got mine in 23mm as frame is a tight fit. So far… great grip in the wet, great braking, good speed (no GP4000s but certainally better than say a basic Grand Prix), puncture resistance is impressive (have an old 28c on the commuter, looks like its about to die, cuts all over, threads etc. but it refuses to give up!), easy to fit, look nice ;0) Whats not to like?… oh yeah, the price!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Maxxis detonators are cheap and relatively light

Waderider
    Free Member

I use a relatively large tyre, Panaracer T-serv messengers. They are fast, very bump absorbant and I think I’ve had one puncture in about four years. I’ve happily worn out several sets. Getting harder to get, unsure if they are still made,

druidh
    Free Member

Another GP 4 Seasons fan. I run 28s on my all-year-round tourer/commuter. In 12 months and quite a few thousand miles, I’ve had two punctures.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Conti Gatorskins work fine for me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a winter road tyre’ is closed to new replies.