Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a wheel truing stand
  • younggeoff

Hi been building wheels for a while now and want to upgrade fromt the Tacx truing stand I've got. What does everyone recommend, something heavy duty and easy to use would be good

grimey
    Free Member

Park TS-2. Very good heavy duty stand although mine did come out of centre quite easily. Easy job to put it right though.

uplink
    Free Member

TBH – I've tried a few & still keep going back to the Roger Musson DIY design

thomthumb
    Free Member

minoura one is ok – although the park one looks a lot nicer.

Macavity
    Free Member
    funkynick

Build your own using the WheelPro book?

younggeoff

The Var one's look really nice the 07400 and the 07500, what kind of price are they. I think these are the ones used by the Bikehut in halfords

Macavity
    Free Member

UK distributor for VAR is
    JD Whisker Ltd
    Unit 4 – Bridgegate Centre
    Martinfield – Welwyn Garden City
    AL7 1JG HERTS
    Tel : 01438 798772
    Fax : 01438 798548
    http://www.vartools.com/fr/distributeurs.php

firestarter
    Free Member

ive got one of these and its great
    http://www.hozan.co.jp/cycle_e/catalog/wheel/C-330.htm

PigeonSlayer
    Free Member

Minoura truing jig for £30-40 is all I have ever needed. The newer one with the small dome nuts that are spring loaded for making contact with the rim. I then use a home made dishing tool, made from a couple of bits of wood and and a nut and bolt. flipping the wheel round in a cheap jig does not really work on cheap jigs. I like the fact that I can fold away or take into the house so I can watch telly while i true wheels.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Park TS2 is an industry standard jig – relativly cheap and works well. I like the suggestions for VAR and Hozan, both proper delux if you have da bucks. I'd add to the luxury department with Preciray, drop dead gorgous if you can afford it. 😀

Macavity
    Free Member

How about a wheel truing stand like this one about 1:50 in

OR
    How Raleigh did things about 2:40 in

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a wheel truing stand’ is closed to new replies.