Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a Wheel Builder in London town pls
  • thinktank
    Free Member

Hi

I need to get a couple of sets of Hope Hoops rebuilt:
    1 x Hope Hubs on Mavic Open Pros
    1 x Hope Hubs on Stans Flow

Anybody got any recommendation of quality wheel builders in central London?

TIA
    Rich

colinimrod

I’ve used the Cycle Surgery on Holloway Road if that’s handy for you. I lived locally for a few years and they did a variety of work on my trail and DH bikes. They rebuilt a rear Hope XC / Mavic 721 for me at very short notice as I trashed a hub a couple of days before I left to do the Megavalanche. All they wanted was a mention if I won it. I didn’t.

And your proof is:
    the wheel stayed true throughout a week’s practice in Alpe D’Huez and the Mega itself. I still use it 5 years later on my trail bike (altho’ its been serviced since of course).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cycle Surgery on Holloway Road

If Morne’s still there, that’s a good shout. Failing that, Karl at CS Holborn or Darek at CS Victoria are my pick of the bunch.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Not exactly central, but Greg @ Moose in Collier’s Wood is pretty damn good.

thinktank
    Free Member

Thanks all – no recommendation for Evans tho? wierd 😉

jameso

A guy from Evans built my 29ers wheels that have had a year of constant use – still true, never been touched. Been across Spain with a touring load on, no problems. Despite what some like to think, there’s some good mechanics there.

bigad40
    Free Member

Joseph at Fulham branch of Evans cycles.
    Jimmy at Brixton cycles Stockwell.
    Both Joe and Jim ran a bike service, repair and bike hire place in Morzine a few years back.
    What they don’t know about building wheels isn’t worth knowing!
    I weigh 17 stone and ride a hardtail, haven’t been able to bend or brake any of their wheels,
    but I am smoooooooth….

senorj

You could try Bike & Run in East Finchley.

ichabod
    Free Member

I had a lovely back wheel built last month for the sum of £15 – the guy even collected the components off me and dropped the wheel off! He is called Richard and is based in South London. His username is 36×18 on the lfgss forum..

ichabod
    Free Member

p.s I had Open Pros on a Hope hub too! Great wheel!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Wheel Builder in London town pls’ is closed to new replies.