Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a wedding venue in the Cotswolds
  • wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’m recently engaged and realise I’m wasting my time in IT and should really be in the wedding industry, there is a fortune to be had!

Any recommendations for nice (but not overly expensive) wedding venues in either the Cotswolds, Oxfordshire or Worcestershire? We are trawling through google but many seem to be prescribed offerings rather than tailored.

richardk
    Free Member

Great Tythe Barn
    Cricklade Hotel & Country Club

br
    Free Member

When you find somewhere and you book it (but before paying), get someone to get a price on an equivilent event (size, nos etc) at the same place – but not a WEDDING.

Then compare prices…

I did, and my wife (to be) took in the quotation when she went to discuss the details – the difference paid for our honeymoon.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Went to a wedding at Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, ‘which we really enjoyed. Not spectacular but very relaxing plus the benefit of a walk in the woods afterwards.

MrPottatoHead

We got married at the Swan Hotel in bibury. The venue was perfect for us and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Price was very reasonable compared to others we visited.

luke
    Free Member

Had a course here a few weeks ago Dumbleton Hall and it was very good, they do a lot of weddings and the grounds are picturesque, the food was good, and the service was good.

Philby

Went to a wedding at Westonbirt

I also went to a wedding there some years ago which was quite different to your usual over-indulgent affair. The ceremony was in a wooden building and the reception was mainly based around a buffet outside the same building. Was a particularly good venue if there are going to be alot of small children attending.

IHN

Tythe Barn in Tetbury is nice, lots of accommodation for friends and family on-site too.

When you find somewhere and you book it (but before paying), get someone to get a price on an equivilent event (size, nos etc) at the same place – but not a WEDDING.

Then compare prices…

+1. Deffo prepare for the ‘wedding tax’ on prices for everything. It’s amazing how much more flowers etc cost when they’re for a wedding…

mst
    Free Member

Manor house hotel, Moreton-in-Marsh.

Not too expensive, but we didn’t have exclusive use

CheesybeanZ

We had our wedding at Wood Norton Hall , very good service and great grounds for the photo’s
    http://www.bespokehotels.com/hotel/pages/woodnortonhall/home.htm

and as above Dumbleton Hall is very picturesque with great grounds.
    our friends have just booked it for thier daughters wedding in 2013 i think they got one of the last summer bookings .

flowerpower
    Free Member

Went to a wedding at Westonbirt

I used to work at Westonbirt. If you are getting married in the spring (Rhodos in full flower) or autumn (Acers showing beautiful autumn foliage) then the backdrop for your photos would be stunning.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a wedding venue in the Cotswolds’ is closed to new replies.