Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a web hosting company
  • trailertrash

Hello

We are currently with 123-reg. The email is pretty good with very little downtime, but our website is often very slow to load and sometimes fails altogether despite Supercache-ing, and obviously that’s not really the way we wish to be presented to the world. They seem unable to speed things up.

If anyone wants to comment on the speed, that would be helpful. The site is aed dot eu dot com. It could be that my expectation are unreasonable, but I don’t think so.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

BigJohn

I’ve used Purple Paw for years. Speed and uptime are excellent but maybe the site maintenance tools they provide you with re a bit primitive. I don’t know because I’ve never used any others.

br
    Free Member

Your pages load well, but has a rather annoying delay to each one…

I can see what you mean.

Are you sure its the ‘host’ and not something tech. with the site?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

It won’t load for me – you might have just DDoS’d yourself!

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Okay it’s working now. I see your pages are dynamically created – what with, PHP? At a guess, the server your using isn’t running quick enough to process in good time. Are you on shared hosting? Could be worth getting a dedicated server depending on how important it is to you.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

I found this useful when I was looking for some space…

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

I ended up with these guys – http://www.ezpzhosting.co.uk/

Support is excellent. Occasional slow down – normally when the server is backing up…

phil.w
    Free Member

Having a flick through your site I found that the slow pages aren’t consistent. A page will load ok then going back to it a few minutes later it may be slow. To me this suggests it’s a busy shared server causing the problems.

This is only a guess but there are no major issues with the site design & coding that would cause it to occasionally be so slow.

There are a few hosting suggestions here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/web-hosting-2 if you are thinking of moving.

trailertrash

Thanks everyone, I agree with all the observations on speed and variability, annoying delay etc. Will check out those recommendations.

By the way, why do you say I might have DDoS’ed myself? I don’t understand…

Yes the pages are PHP generated but the server is supposed to serve static html files created by Supercache plugin, for speed. It does actually serve the static files ok, but with the delay.

TPTcruiser

You invited the STW to view your site, we rushed there in huge numbers causing a DDoS!
    Are images in the best places for the server to present them to browsers? Image heavy pages seem to come up slower? E.g. the PI took an age for a 110 kb JPEG.

alexxx
    Free Member

Hi mate, I sell hosting to people from a reseller package.. I’d be happy to take over your site – tech response is fast and you have cpanel access and unlimited email addresses ect… however before doing all that you might want to transfer a copy of your site onto one of my test spaces and see how fast it loads for you 🙂

cheers
    al

goldfish24

I can thoroughly recommend nethosted.co.uk

I’m working on a site for a friend (beetlecherry dot com if you want to test) and it’s plenty snappy despite being php heavy (wordpress based), no caching applied yet, and lots of big images…
    They seem pretty decent on support, and are reassuringly not super cheap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a web hosting company’ is closed to new replies.