Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a waterproof cycling jacket for winter
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d like:

something waterproof (not fussed to much about breathability since I dont run to hot)

something that can be rolled up and fit into a jersey pocket

something with a decent cut, i.e. not a sail

Ive currently looked at the Altura Night Vision Flight (which looks good but is the upper end of my budget) and the Altura Nevis which also looks good but Im not sure how packable it is. Any other suggestions?

Trekster

Montane
    Check the Cotswold outdoor discount site for loads of stuff. I got a 1/2 price Hagloff in the Edin shop which is proving to be good for the commute in these downpours. It is classed as a climbing jacket with a hood which fits easily over a helmet 😆

rob-jackson
    Free Member

endura stealth

FuzzyWuzzy

Stealth isn’t packable
    Suggestions depend on budget really – I’d look at something based on Gore paclite though unless on a really tight budget.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I use paclite for commuting – non-cycle specific North face.

It is good but not robust – jackets last about 1.5 years if you use a rucksack/messenger bag as the material wears down under pressure.

North Face have a Hyvent DT jacket that looks good, like a more robust paclite.

I also have a NF goretex proshell but quite warmer and not too breathable compared tot he paclite. A lot more robust thoough.

Look at Ronhill jackets for decent prices.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Can reccomend the Gore Fusion but probably kicks budget into touch. £115ish on ebay

rewski
    Free Member

surface pertex get a good review in mbuk

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas, I’ll have a look at some montane stuff and some cheap outdoor shops.

The altura night vision flite is £70 (the upper end of the budget) and that still looks best so far though

Cheezpleez

Karrimor stuff on Field and Trek tends to be blinding value and reasonable quality. Think they have waterproofs on offer at the mo. Not cycle specific but might be worth a punt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a waterproof cycling jacket for winter’ is closed to new replies.