Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Recommend me a watch that will survive MTBing
  • Davesport

Uzi Guardian from Cadet direct. 30 quid a functionally identical to a G-shock. “Only” waterproof to 50 M, but probably not an issue in this case. I’ve got one & for the price it’s a steal.

http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=1386

deus

Original 001 series Animal watch or Polar F5.

Breo…. surely you want something that tells the time?
    (never seen a watch lose/gain so much time)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

one of the cheapy casios will fit snugly under your glove and won’t rattle around as it is so thin and light, although it is not nearly as thin and light as a swatch skin which is so thin and light that it is hardly noticable.

IHN

one of the cheapy casios will fit snugly under your glove and won’t rattle around as it is so thin and light, in fact I’d be amazed if it isn’t pretty much as thin and light as a swatch skin which is so thin and light that it is hardly noticable but the Swatch is much more expensive

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Damn! lol…..what’s the difference?

PRICE!

stgeorge

It’s got to be the Casio F-91W – the AK47 of the watch world – cheap and it works.

IHN

It’s got to be the Casio F-91W – the AK47 of the watch world – cheap and it works.

And users of the latter are often users of the former…. 🙂

sparkyrhino

A £1 breo copy from primark,nearly a year old and still working

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Do you need a Trail watch or an All Mountain / Enduro watch?

igm

Stainless steel Rotary here. Waterproof to 200m and reassuringly hefty.

Wear it to work, on bike, snowboarding etc. Riding in it for a couple of years – no problems.

£85 at the local outlet place – RRP £170 if you are gullible enough to believe that.

madhouse

I use a G-Shock, Mrs Madhouse got it for me after one too many “sorry I’m late, I don’t have a watch for the trails” excuses – now I’ve got to ‘forget’ to put it on 😉

oldbloke
    Free Member

For those recommending Casio F-91W, I can confirm biking can kill them. Just takes lots of hits, so maybe they’re made of badger or something.

juan
    Free Member

As already said breo, but the original one. Won’t die and most important, won’t hurt you in the event of a crash

redthunder
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/25/guantanamo-files-casio-wristwatch-alqaida

Bucket load here:

Might get a yellow one :.-)

Pink… I dare you all 🙂

and the analoque version.

o96192083
    Free Member

any Suunto! Decent watches

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Casios are great, but their plastic straps are awful, never got more than 2 years out of a strap. On the other hand, the metal strapped ons are simply delishusss. I’d go for a Timex Indiglo with a metal strap.

BigJohn

I prefer one with hands as I can’t see little numbers very well without my glasses.

I have a Timex Expedition and it’s fine, and dead cheap.

My other watch is Consonant, Vowel, Consonant, E X but it’s not a Timex, and at 60 yrs old (the watch) I wouldn’t wear it for biking.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Casio G-shock

This one’s solar powered, updates the time every night by radio waves (i.e. always right) and has stopwatch timer and all the other stuff you might want.

lipseal
    Free Member

I got one of THESE . Really don’t know why I got one, but it’s remained scratch free for two years.

I quite like this ONE

OCB
    Free Member

Only an echo at this point, but some kinda G-Shock …

My ti PRG-80T 7VER has been totally reliable, and proven itself to be extraordinarily tough (ah, sorry, not for £100.00 tho’, unless maybe you can pick one a pre-loved one). Now that I’ve err, discovered you need to set the a reference altitude on the day *cough cough*, the altimeter has proven itself to work properly too.

That said, the thermometer is only useful for measuring the temperature up your sleeve tho’ unless you leave it off for ~45 minutes before hand, then it’s fine too.

Trekster
    RustySpanner

Yet another F-91W wearer.

Cheap, bloody tough, more accurate than a Rolex and I don’t care what Douglas Adams said.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I would love one of these, but the postage to the UK is a bit steep.

Full tritium watch for $99? Bargain!

Group buy potential?

http://www.deepbluewatches.com/newmodat25tr1.html

NEW MODEL !!! DAYNIGHT – T25 TRITIUM – TUBES – PVD
    PVD Crown

Water Resistance: 100m

Case Width: 43mm

Case Thickness: 12mm

Case Height: 49mm

316L Stainless Steel PVD

Lug Width: 22mm

Unidirectional Bezel

Crystal: Hardened Mineral Crystal

Date Window At 4:30 Position

Movement: Japanese Miyota 2115 Quartz (3yr battery life)

Viewing Area: 33mm

Strap: Rubber; 22/20; 120/75 – will fit wrist size 6.5 – 8.5; Deep Blue Logo on Buckle

T25 Tritium – Tubes; 25 Year Lifetime

DOMESTIC SHIPPING: For 1 Watch Please Select The Shipping Option Marked T25 Promo; For 2+ Please Select UPS

Reg price: $249.99
    Our price: $99.00

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

one of the cheapy casios will fit snugly under your glove and won’t rattle around as it is so thin and light, in fact I’d be amazed if it isn’t pretty much as thin and light as a swatch skin which is so thin and light that it is hardly noticable but the Swatch is much more expensive, although the expense is justified as it is so much thinner and lighter than the casio

😈

simondbarnes

An Animal of some sort. My 2 have been perfectly reliable for many years now (one over 10 years old, the other around 8 )

jordie
    Free Member

this is all you need £5.60 had mine for 4 years out in all weathers and a trip through the washing machine replaced the battery a couple of times and its still going strong
    http://www.penroseoutdoors.co.uk/acatalog/Hog_Wild_Time_Band.html

diviy
    Free Member

Animal two batteries in 7 years and 2 straps

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a watch that will survive MTBing’ is closed to new replies.