Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a walk in the Lakes for tomorrow
  • yoshimi

I’m off the bike for a while at the moment so fancy doing a bit of walking.

I was originally going to do Hellvellyn via Striding Edge / Swirral Edge, but bearing in mind the weathers meant to be quite bad where would you recommend?

jekkyl

It’s gonna rain all over tomorrow so still do helvellyn just pick a different route. We did a nice one parking just over half way up thirlmere then up helvellyn by the path at the back of the carpark (helvellyn gill), comes to lower man first, then down by birk side. Through the woods to the carpark is a right atmospheric walk, very old spooky woods, like lord of the rings.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

If you are close to Keswick pop into the tourist info place at the Moot Hall. They have free suggestions for walks, the waterfall walks are quite good.

honeybadgerx

I think thunderstorms were forecast so wandering round a high plateau might not be a great idea…. walk along the South shore of Ullswater is nice

dunmail
    Free Member

A walk around Buttermere (the lake not the village) would be pleasant and not as busy as further east. Good pubs in the village as well. You could extend it by going up to Scale Force (tallest waterfall in the Lakes) as well.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup, tomorrow a walk IN the lakes may keep you a touch dryer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a walk in the Lakes for tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.