Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a waffle maker
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

What do the good folk of STW use to make their breakfast waffles?

Thanks.

fasthaggis

I think that there is more than enough waffle on here,you don’t need a machine. 😛

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It doesn’t really matter whatever you buy it’ll be used twice and in the back of the cupboard soon enough let’s be honest

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mostly end up with uneven overbaked waffle here though.

Is anyone actually going to recommend me one or do I have to put up with several pages questioning my choices first?

BillOddie

I had a Gordon Ramsey waffle maker that was ace until it met an untimely demise on the kitchen floor.

Don’t appear to be available any more so I would be interested in this too!

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve no idea about a sensible answer but there’s a magnificent sense of ceremony about using the massive old cast iron ones. Pretty widely available on ebay/car boots too.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Whatever one they used on Saturday Kitchen last month.
    Pair of them and they were perfect.
    Theres an overhead shot at one point – the episode from the beginning of Jan IIRC

fasthaggis

My mum has one of these
    She has never used the waffle trays,but it works well as a toastie maker and mini grill

choices..choices

TheBrick
    Free Member

Is anyone actually going to recommend me one or do I have to put up with several pages questioning my choices first?

I think what you realy want is a toast maker…

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Having recently experienced waffles made in one of these: Sage by Heston Blumenthal the smart waffle maker

I can highly recommend it. It calculated the precise cooking time based on weight of batter put in to it and you can specify the type of waffle you are cooking the the darkness of colour / cookedness you desire. The non stick lip around the waffle iron catches and cooks any spilled batter for ease of cleaning.

I never envisioned ever being amazed by a waffle maker, but I was!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah yes, that’s the Breville Smart one, had been looking at that. Not sure my financial director would approve such a spend though! Budget probably around 50 quid.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Sweet Waffles are round.
    Potato waffles are square/rectangular!

Jakester
    Free Member

hammyuk – Member

Sweet Waffles are round.
    Potato waffles are square/rectangular!

What a load of waffle!

theotherjonv

My wife insisted on a Sage by Heston one after sampling a friend’s. Rarely am i over enthusiastic about dropping that much on a kitchen appliance that basically performs one task, but we had some store vouchers to use against it so i went for it.

Sometimes my prejudices are unwarranted.

(and we didn’t pay that much for it either)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Round Sage one or square one?

theotherjonv

square

benp1

The Sage one is £170!!!!

I got given a Retro one for Xmas. Have used it twice, pretty good. Not much of a waffle person though. Was planning to try some savoury style ones – theres a blog called “will it waffle”

Macavity
    Free Member

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

one of these cuisinart.

Removeable plates. ..also interchangeable with sandwich making duties. Nothing fancy turn on turn off wash and go

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

I got a Rome cast iron waffle iron for Christmas (lucky me!)

Pros

Its small enough to live in the kitchen (small, not a massive box with a plug)
    Makes great waffles, quickly
    Satisfying to use and play about with – enjoyable learning how to use it
    Works fine on our induction hob
    Flexible -you are in control of the heat not the machine

Cons

Seasoning it initially is a faff
    You need to practice a little to get it right – but easy once you know
    Handles get hot – take care

saturday mornigns are waffle brakfast now – last week had maple syrup, smoked salmon, black pepper and lemon. yum!

TM

theotherjonv

The Sage one is £170!!!!

Yep. Like i say, we paid nothing near that, plus had a load of shop vouchers to use up. Still pricey compared to (inferior) alternatives though.

But the waffles are great.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a waffle maker’ is closed to new replies.