• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend me a Travel Bag/Holdall
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

I have been looking for a decent strong bag to use ofr going away at weekends or on holiday abroad with with about 80 – 100litre capacity. I've seen the Berghaus Mule and North face ones just wondered if there was anything else out there better for my hard earned easily spent dollar??

headfirst
    Free Member

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Why thank you Headfirst a very good suggestion 🙄

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

tatonka

andygreener

I have a mule 100 for sale £40 posted, used about three times. Couple of years old though. Let me know if you fancy some pics. Cheers. AG

Dai
    Free Member

el Gato Negro – Member

tatonka

+1

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Hello Andy, some pictures would be great, my email is mark.trussle@googlemail.com

andygreener

Mark yhm.
    Many thanks

soulrider
    Free Member

North Face Duffel bag

they are the dogs do dadds..

hard as nails.. I have dragged one around the world.. without any issues..
    I had a similar Dakine.. and on the third I went out and bought a North Face Duffel.. and havent regreted it.

soulrider
    Free Member

that should read on the third Dakine fail…

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mountain Equipment 80 or 100l from Cotswold Camping; about half the price of the same North Face jobs. Mine are going strong after years of abuse.

hugh_b
    Free Member

Snugpak kit monster. Cheap, strong, water proof and a 120L capacity. British company too!

tails
    Free Member

eastpak make alright stuff and fairly cheap.

Ewan
    Free Member

The DHB Travel wheeled thing on wiggle is very good – seems very well made, has a divider for seperating wet kit from clean kit. Only 40 quid too. Holds *a lot* of stuff.

Hmmm, they appear to have stopped selling it…
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/PriceDrop/12/-_-/5360036907/#more

MrNutt
    Free Member

I picked up a big barrel bag thing from a levis outlet, its tough as nails and you can carry it on a plane as hand luggage as its easy to ram into those stupid metal cages budget airlines are all so fond of now.

Bream
    Free Member

Good thread this as I need a new carryall as well, do any of these have roller wheels for dragging it around airports etc?

gonefishin
    Free Member

Whilst TNF holdalls are good, my favourite are Lifventure ones. They are don't have the bells and whistles of TNF stuff but they are/were stupidly cheap and as tough as old boots. Mine have been all over the world, carried on the back of donkeys in Africa and left to the tender mercies of baggage handlers everywhere. They've got a few scrapes but no significant damage.

beamers

+1 for the Mountain Equipment version of the TNF Duffel bag.

The ME ones have zipped interior end pockets and large water resistant pocket for your damp kit and are half the price of the TNF ones.

lunge

3rd the Mountain Equipment one, tough as old boots, good bits of kit.

giantonagiant

Another fan of the ME ones from Cotswolds here – handy pockets, good shoulder straps that are removable on the bigger capacity ones and 40% off!!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Alpkit here, £40 and huge!

IHN

what the last three said

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Travel Bag/Holdall’ is closed to new replies.