Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a trailer
  • Rip
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at the Bob and the Extrawheel Voyager.

I need it to carry clothes and spares for two for a 6 day off road epic. No need for tents etc. as we’ll be staying in B&Bs.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Review of extrawheel on the home page, just in cse you’ve not noticed.

Rip
    Free Member

Yes, I saw that but it’s a bit out of date on model and prices.

The videos on the Extrawheel site look pretty good but as I’ve never ridden with a trailer before I don’t really know what to look for.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve recently got an Extrawheel Classic. I looked at the Voyager but the carrying capacity compared to the Classic is much smaller. I’d read about the nets snagging but for the sort of multi day trips I’m planning I don’t think that’s going to be an issue. If you don’t need a tent I would have thought that the voyager would be big enough, but it’s quite a bit more expensive if you need to include the cost of panniers too.

It handles very well, clipping and unclipping is very easy after you get the knack of it, you can soon forget it’s there.

I have some for hire – Edinburgh Bike Co-op jobs, so a bit like a BOB, but fold flat.

Get in touch if I can be any help: phil@scottishmountainbikeguides.com

Cheers,

Phil

bent_udder
    Free Member

If you’re only going for six days, do you actually need a trailer? If B&Bing, you could pack very light indeed – a spare change of cycling kit, lightweight troosers (Endura do some light ones that work as cycling overtrousers too) and a fleece, a tube of handwash liquid, toothbrush and the rest would all fit in a smallish rucksack – although as the Extrawheel review says, ruckies bring their own problems.
    Try assembling all the kit you plan to take, and then thinning it out a bit – you might be surprised at how little you need if B&Bing.

Ed-O
    Free Member

If you’re going to bash into stuff get a Bob. If you’re just on wider tracks go Extrawheel. The review on the homepage is from 2007 and I think that model is now changed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a trailer’ is closed to new replies.