Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a trail centre lock
  • sonofapitch
    Free Member

For when you finish your ride and want a cuppa.
    Always nervous about leaving the bikes outside.
    Needs to be small, light to take round the trail.
    Just to go round the top tubes really
    Any suggestions

Junkyard
    Free Member

Put your bike back in your car then go for a cuppa?
    Take a bigger lock and take out from your car?

if you are riding there lock the lock up at the start of the trail then ride without it and use it at the end?

I assume given the number who dont lock their bike up anything will do as deterrent

monogramman
    Free Member

If its for a trail centre lock it to a post/stand near the cafe or visitor centre before your ride.

It will/should still be there when you get back and you don’t have to lug it around.

Must type faster!

tomd
    Free Member

If you want to take it with you how about a simple cable + a small padlock?

Abus cable

I keep one in my van for this sort of thing. It’s not going to stop anyone half way determined but will need tools to bust so they’ll likely look for easier pickings in a busy place.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Lock it at the trail centre! Brilliant 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

I have a small cable lock that use when road riding alone and plan on stopping at a shop or cafe. I think it is a life venture rucksack lock. Will stop someone picking it up or riding off but not a prepared thief. Normally though I pack up and change if I go to a trail centre cafe

belugabob
    Free Member

Or just never leave your bikes unattended – you don’t all have to go in for tea at once, you know?

Having said that, leaving the lock at the start of the trail is a sensible approach.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Snowboarding type lock, with a combination – or cheap luggage type one they sell at airports.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I assume given the number who dont lock their bike up anything will do as deterrent

This +1 is what I do, cheep cable lock, just enough to stop someone walking off with it seeing as inevitably they’ll be easier pickings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a trail centre lock’ is closed to new replies.