Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me a track pump please!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive got a crappy halfords one, which is pretty cheap and nasty, and the pressure dial is always incorrect (when checked ona digital reader by some margin 🙁 ) so would want one with a pretty accurate visible reading, also like the ones that detect schrader/presta ones without having to switch things….

not sure on price probably about 30-50 quid? any bargains out there for me?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The cheap Lifeline one at Wiggle

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve had a topeak joe blow for years, can’t fault it.

Edric64
    Free Member

http://www.silcapompe.it/pop_pista.htm

These last for ever, mine is about 20 years old now and spare bits are available

peteimpreza

Topeak Joe Blow

mrmo
    Free Member

sks rennonkompressor

big_n_daft
    Free Member

joe blow

had both SKS and blackburn fail on me, joe just keeps going

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

liking the joe blow, only prob being its got those annoying twisty screws on the presta/schrader ends, i hate locking them tight and never know if its tight enough, just after one that you plug in the presta and lock nothing else needed, anything else out there like that?

crikey
    Free Member

Decathlon do a good one.

mtbfix

+1 for the Silca pumps. Mine is easy 15 years old and still as good as it ever was. Track pumps made out of plastic are made for replacing. Steel ones are made for life.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just spotted the specialized air tool ones? anyone have anything to report on them?

1nten5e
    Free Member

Joe Blow for me too, had mine for ages now, not one problem, and it’ll pump the roadbike tyres up to 120psi no bother

Northwind

Didzy2009 – Member

“liking the joe blow, only prob being its got those annoying twisty screws on the presta/schrader ends, i hate locking them tight and never know if its tight enough, just after one that you plug in the presta and lock nothing else needed, anything else out there like that?”

Not really sure what you mean by this, my Joe Blow has a simple reversible valve, just fit and lock, no screws or anything like that.

There’s a new Joe Blow Mountain just out which looks to be a winner, high volume low pressure so ideal for most people- the gauge will probably still be rubbish though but other than that it seems spot on.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Topeak Joe Blow Turbo Track Pump

just had a look at this one, seems pretty good value, and has a smart adaptor type thing which im after…..

will have a look at the joe blow mountain one too…cheers guys

Hicksy
    Free Member

I have a joe blow and am always swearing at it as the bit that goes on the valve (on mine at least) either won’t lock on properly or if it’s a mavic UST type valve (which are quite short) won’t fit on at all. I’ve also never managed to inflate a tubless tyre with it.

A mate has a specialized air tools (sport I think), which works everytime – that’s what I’m going for next.

richcc
    Free Member

+1 for the Joe Blow. For years I never bothered with a track pump then bought one and kicked myself for not buying one 15 years earlier!

lifepath1
    Free Member

hi i have a specialized track pump in shed, nice n light, with gauge
    blackburn mamouth pump both good

kilo

Got a Joe Blow – needs stripping every three months or so pumps but gague doesn’t work – bit of a pain but works well when it works.

sks rennonkompressor got one of those but it came with a bizzarre valve attachment which was cut off and replaced with a crack pipe, good pump if it comes witha regular end.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

+1 sks rennonkompressor, original and best.

It’s got the right type of valve head for you to, and I think they’re doing it in a funky orange colour at the mo 🙂

daveb
    Free Member

Joe blow for me, had it for a few years now and still works like new.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a track pump please!’ is closed to new replies.