Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Recommend me a Track Pump
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

For a mate 🙂 Has a cheap Lidl one at the mo but is starting to die and does not have a pressure gauge.

Price £20 or so.
    Decent – long lasting with gauge

Initial thoughts Joe Blow?

allthepies
    Free Member

Joe Blow.

End of thread.

fishboy
    Free Member

+1 Joe Blow (I have the sport)

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

joe blow

JonBurns
    Free Member

I've got a lezyne (classic?) can't quite remember how much it was but its very good.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Joe blow is good but Giant do some cheap ones that are good. I think control tower 4 is the cheapest, and if you want a pressure gauge, control tower 3 which is around £20 (or less if you shop around!)

crispybacon
    Free Member

Joe blow – I've had mine for 5 years & it's still going strong.

jonb
    Free Member

Yeah but we ended the thread with Joe Blow (+1)

woffle
    Free Member

joe blow here.

brant
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47804 – Airwave Storm (disclosure – I sourced them).

ps: I was sure this thread was about Pump Tracks, not Track Pumps. In which case "lee quarry".

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers guys – between the Joe Blow and the PFP6 by Park tools – I have the Pro one and PT replaced the guage FOC last year. Have had it also for 5 years 🙂 Decision to be made 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Got an 'el cheapo from Lidl for a fiver. Gauge is laughably incorrect, but it puts the air in the tyres fine and use it for inflating tubeless.

convert

Go old skool – go SKS Rennkommpressor. There is a reason you will find them in most bike shop workshops. 20 yrs now and still going strong.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry Jamie – he's tried one of those but wanted something decent with a decent guage 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

convert – bit out of the price range but def nice loooking pump 🙂

Crell
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight hijack, but does anyone know which track pumps throw out the most air in a single stroke? Looking for something to make tubeless tyre seating a bit easier, and without resorting to a gas canister.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Aldi are selling a 100psi 7 litre/min cordless airpump in another thread here?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We've had various track pumps over the years and most of them haven't lasted long. The oldest, and still the best by far, is the Silca. Would buy another without question.

kilo

I have the Joe Blow Sport – good when it works but seems to need cleaning / dismantling every three months or so (they seem to have a bit of form for this). Not a big job but not something I've had to do with any of the other track pumps I've had.

The Rennkompressor is very good (and much more than £20) but check which valve head it comes with, mine had a rather fiddly two piece attachment which I couldn't get on with so chopped it off and replaced it.

myheadsashed

+1 RennKompressor brilliant pump – all spares available design unchanged because it just works

z1ppy

Crell not scientific but my m8's cheapo halford hobby seem pretty damned effortless, thought it might be worth a go with troublesome tubeless tyres. It no name/brand but is 'red' and stocked in all the halfords I've been to. Also £20 so fits the OP's request.

Otherwise another +1 for the joeblow, had mine ages & works fine

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This is a wee bit dearer than £20, but mine hes been brilliant over 7 or 8 years

olaf_hansen
    Free Member

glad to hear other people had problems with the Renncompresssor valve! Utterly unuseable.

Edric64
    Free Member

http://www.silcapompe.it/pista_en.htm

Quality pumps had my Silca for over 20 years now

Kahurangi

Revolution Pro £25.

Universal head, metal construction, gauge at top

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f_ProductID=9026&f_FullProductVersion=1

lcj

I wish people would stop asking about track pumps. Every time I see one of these threads I get excited about finding out where there are some decent pump tracks 😳

Dirtynap
    Free Member

+1 SKS Rennkommpressor

Simply put they are the best you will find

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Track Pump’ is closed to new replies.