Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • recommend me a town / village near Malaga for holiday with family.
  • robw1
    Free Member

Booked a flight to Malaga for some spring sunshine and are now looking at where to go – never been to that area of Spain. Anyone got any recommendations for nice places? Don’t want to go somewhere full of English breakfasts with every pint! Perhaps somewhere a bit more traditional. Going with a toddler too….so it aint a mtb trip!!

Thanks

thehustler
    Free Member

Torrox about 30min drive near Nerja nice traditional villiage about 2km from the coast (Torrox Costa) also Frigliana near by is a similarly nice village

fasthaggis

Yup,we were up in the hills behind Velez Malaga near the big lake Vinuela and used to go down to Nerja and Frigliana a lot ( my cousin had a villa out there for a while).
    Do you have transport ?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Went to Nerja a few years ago when mine were toddlers/babies – it was alright, definitely not “English breakfasts….” but y’know not the “real” Spain – whatever that means. Enough to see/do/eat, on the coast, fairly nice.

robw1
    Free Member

YEs got transport – unbelievably cheap car hire at £23 for 6 days! I did a couple of searches and Nerja came up as sounding good. Will have a butchers at Torrox and Frigliana. Happy to be a bit inland / rural. Just looking for something chilled out in a nice location. Think we will drive to beaches and seek out good food!

scruff9252

That sounds like a tremendous car deal, if true. I would check your small print on the car hire.

I got a a cheap car deal in Mallorca with gold car I think. Once I had got to airport I had to pay for a tank of diesel @ about 3€/litre, their insurance and the “Your tired after traveling, it’s 10pm and your stood at our airport desk” tax. In the end I think I paid near on £250 for the week.

robw1
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up Scruff. I recognised the name Goldcar and checked our booking….that’s who I’d booked with via a broker site. Googled them and nothing but terrible reviews….crazy prices for full tanks etc. Have now cancelled and booked with one that sounds more reputable!

cbike
    Free Member

Alora

durhambiker
    Free Member

We always end up in Nerja, in fact we’re going out there on the 10th April. We usually use Malaga Car for the car hire, as they’re usually amongst the cheapest, and least hassle. Not actually based in the airport, but they pick you up and we’ve had much better experiences with them than any of the others.

There’s a new bike shop in Nerja too, X Bike Nerja, that rents out proper bikes.

grantway
    Free Member

Unsure you may need car hire
    We use these guys for the past 2 years Argus car hire
    They are a broker that use all the main Car rentals at all Airports and will put you in a bigger car for the same as a small one.

Don’t go Torremolinos

nigew
    Free Member

Alora +1
    Pizzaro (sp) is nice,
    Caserabonela too.
    And if you fancy a day at the beach, Fuengirola is actually quite good out of the summer season

Gary_M
    Free Member

We’ve stayed in that area for the past few years, lots of lovely little towns – have a look at Competa, La Vinuela or any of the villages round lake Vinuela. Comares is a mountain top village which is nice, but quirky. About 20 minutes to nerja, which is also nice but a bigger town.

We usually hire a car from Malaga car and fever had any issues.

Enjoy.

Edit : we’ve used gold car before and it was a bit slow to get the at but everything else was fine. Usual ‘full tank return empty’ rules apply. Also get ‘excess insurance’ before you go, DONT BUY THE GOLD CAR POLICY.

Pauly

Ronda is lovely. Seville or Cordoba if you fancy a longer drive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a town / village near Malaga for holiday with family.’ is closed to new replies.