Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me a top tube battery bag / solution
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

The supplied strap doesn’t seem secure enough to stop the battery pack from rattling, are there any pouches or battery bags out there that will fit a 6 cell battery pack?

It’s too big a battery to go under the stem, and as long as I can securely get it on my top tube I’ll be happy but that’s proving a problem, I want it proper sturdy as In no movement at all so when riding at night I can not have to think about it and messing with it constantly

Nobby

Strap/tie it into a bottle cage?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Sorry forgot say bottle cage not an option and kinked top tube too

duntstick
    Free Member

Jerome
    Free Member

Listening attentively as need same. Old lumi bag is what we both need..

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Lumi bag?

I had a smaller pouch type one for my 4 cell only just fit in but tbh even that moved around on rocky descents :/

Just want it totally totally secure with no movement

carlos
    Free Member

Would it work lengthwise under the bars, a’la mine?

If the straps are short you could just stitch on longer bits of Velcro

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I think it’s to wide tbh mate it’s quite a chunky battery

The battery bag worked ok on the glow worm when I didn’t have the extension cable tucked in it, but as soon as I did it caused it to just wobble about then the extension cable fell out too lol

Having said that the r8 battery has a stretchy curled type wire but I can’t find a bag that will fit it

rickmeister

Thanks to rocketdog, just had a bespoke bag made up by Judy…

http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/

Judy upcycles bike stuff and is brilliant in putting together something that works and fits what you need…

somafunk

Get a small feed bag that attaches onto your top tube/stem, the type that triathletes use, something like the one below which i happen to use, i can fit 2 C&B Seen or 2 Solarstorm batteries inside it (both 4 cell), it will comfortably hold a 6 cell battery.

duntstick
    Free Member

A 12 inch strip of removable QR velcro costing about a quid would definitely do it.

There are heavier, more complicated and more expensive solutions, however, good luck in your quest. 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Mmm, I see what you mean, it is a stocky chunky one, where as longer and slimmer would work.

Have you looked at Low-pro camera pouches?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Somafunk something like that would be great but a little smaller? That’s the sort of thing I’m after but smaller literally just big enough for the battery

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Carlos yep it’s quite chunky all round long and thin would be ideal for bars but this would stick out loads at the front and I still think it would move

Good shout on the Lowe pro bags somebody must do something somewhere all it needs is a couple of Velcro straps

somafunk

They come in a variety of sizes, if you hunt about crc/wiggle (other bike shops are available) and tri shops i’m sure you’ll find something

Hells

I’m currently using my tri bento box on the top tube of my commuter!

peterich
    Free Member

have mine in an old saddlebag
    works a treat

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well ive emailed trout and smudge, troutie hasnt got one big enough for the hope r8 battery still waiting to hear back from smudge

wouldnt mind strapping it to the TT as long as it stayed put, will have a look at maybe trying to stick a couple of straps on, one on the top and one on the bottom if it will fit

benp1

There are plenty of top tube bags available, surely one of those might work

There’s a Deuter shown above, but Topeak and Alpkit do ones, as well as quite a few other manucaturers

I have the Topeak Tribag for my phone and basic essentials, I’ve been pleased with it so far

Northwind

Reusable cableties? Solve all manner of rattly problems.

postierich
    Free Member

I will be using one of these when it arrives dual purpose and good vfm
    Fuel Pod

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a top tube battery bag / solution’ is closed to new replies.