Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me… A Suitcase
  • Milkie
    Free Member

Just over 2 weeks away, and I’ve just realised I don’t own a suitcase!

Can anyone recommend me a suitcase, flying via sleasyjet to the Alps.

Found a nice one, Live Luggage, but I cannot justify £400 on a suitcase, don’t want to even spend a quarter of that really.

geoffj

Does it have to be a suitcase?

Edit: If it has to be a suitcase, get yerself down to TK to the Max!

wwaswas

I’ve had a Delsey hardshell case for 25 years. Still works/looks fine despite the odd gouge in it from airport handling machines.

No idea how much they cost now but I’ve had my money’s worth out of this one.

TooTall
    Free Member

North Face bag – or Cotswold are doing the Mountain Eqpt version cheap at the moment.

oddjob
    Free Member

IF you do get a suitcase, get a samsonite.

After many years of business travel, I wouldn’t get anything else.

They have factory outlets at Bicester and Chester I think (maybe others too) so you may be able to get a discount if you are close to an outlet place

Stuey01
    Free Member

Get yourself down debenhams luggage section. Tripp are decent and good value. I’ve got big suitcases, hand luggage sized suitcases and holdalls all from there in use.

Those North Face duffels are silly money, I really wanted one but in the end just got a holdall from Tripp for less than half the price, lighter and bigger with more useful pockets.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Which ever make you get dont get a MASSIVE one.

We got two biggies for the family and even though you are allowed 20kg per person on easyjet/charter airlines, you can’t load more and that into one case.

We had to buy another bag to tranfer gear into at the airport, as we had about 30kgs, between 4, in those two big cases.

konabunny
    Free Member

I always used to have backpacks and stuff, then I picked up a hard-sided plastic suitcase – Delsey or Samsonite or something. Changed my life!!! They’re great. They actually protect the stuff that’s inside so you can put vaguely fragile stuff inside, you can lock them up, you can strap them tight and you don’t have to carry the weight.

Get one with four castors. Very important. Means you can push or pull. When I was choosing it in the basement of the dept store, I was wondering whether to get two wheel or pay extra for four wheels. A woman came over and said “you have to get the four wheeled one, they’re much better”. She was right – my plans changed and I had to carry this suitcase across town three times that same day. Without the wheels it would have been a nightmare.

TiRed

For normal travel I use a large Hedgren bag with wheels. Holds a huge amount and is great for family travel. For business travel I use a sturdy expandable 22″ Victorinox case that cost a lot and contains a suit carrier. 20″ for carry on in EU is about as big as you can go.

DrJ
    Milkie
    Free Member

Will a 87 Litre/76cm suitcase be big enough for a biking trip for a week?

bazzer
    Free Member

Dakine Split Roller have 2 and they are great.

loads of dividers so you can organise your stuff and wheels so you can pull it along.

wingnuts

We fly lots of short haul weekend jobbies and are always trying to avoid putting cases in the hold so we can get away quickly.

We found a case at IKEA that is just perfect. Its exact size for max hand luggage and has wheels, extending handle with two strutts (so easy to rest other bags on) mesh dividers and straps. Had ours (about 6 cases spread accross family) for 4 years or so without any issues at all.

Only £30ish and can’t recomend highly enough for this size range, although probably not enough for weeks full on alpine kit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

oddjob – Member
    IF you do get a suitcase, get a samsonite.

After many years of business travel, I wouldn’t get anything else.

^^This^^

Sammies rock. Tough as old boots.

I also have an excellent Animal trunk bag (120l monster!) that I use for holiday, but my Samsonite is the pick for work travel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me… A Suitcase’ is closed to new replies.