Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a Stem (and/or Bars) – Moon on a Stick Content
  • teethgrinder

So…

£20 CRC voucher off of my sister for Xmas and I feel the need to replace my FSA bars and/or stem with a 50mm stem (current is 90mm-ish) and 700mm+ bars (current are 680mm-ish). Can add a little more cash to the mix, but not too much.

Bike is a 2002 Spesh FSR, 120/125mm travel front and rear, riding is mostly on the ground, with no MASSIVE air. mostly trails local to home, occasionally Kielder or Hamsterley.

Thinking This or This stem and These bars.

Any good? Any other suggestions?

nwill1
    Free Member

What bike what type of ridding? The reproof stem looks good but personally is go wider on the bars 🙂
    Renthals are sweet! Maybe cheaper else where though, picked some up new on fleebay for £40!

raisinhat
    Free Member

Go for the Nukeproof stem.
    Pretty spot on choices though, you’re unlikely to get anything better new for less.

teethgrinder

Just ordered the bars. 1″ rise in red.

Northwind

The bars are excellent value, good choice.

Assuming that’s your voucher spent, I’d recommend one of these:

http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/components-c169/stems-c279/oversize-c280/frs-stem-oversize-31-8-1-1-8-x-5-degrees-rise-50-mm-black-p29324?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=pro-frs-stem-oversize-31-8-1-1-8-x-5-degrees-rise-50-mm-black-size-size-50-mm-colour-black-prsss0267&utm_campaign=froogle#43646

(lighter than the Nukeproof and still strong like ox)

Stems are good, you don’t need to spend much to get something that’s basically just as good as the most expensive of jewellery.

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve got answer pro taper 720s on my MsIsle albeit with 1/2″ rise. Find them a very comfortable shape and not too much flex. Would recommend them to anyone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Stem (and/or Bars) – Moon on a Stick Content’ is closed to new replies.