Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • recommend me a skills course
  • slowrider
    Free Member

my wife wants to buy me a skills course for my birthday. apparently, this is very funny to her as i have fallen off loads lately. im pretending to be grumpy about it but am secretly quite chuffed!

so, who is good?

stotti
    Free Member

I recently had a course with ukbikeskills ran by Jedi (tony), really great day. I have come away from it with a lot more confidence and skills i can carry on practising. Tony also encourages continued contact with him to get more tips/coaching for no extra cost. He has had a number of good reviews on this site.

cabbage84
    Free Member

Dales biking centre they run courses in certain areas such as steep and rocky, fast and flow, jumps and drops highly recommended

thomthumb
    Free Member

yep. uk bike skills – tony. couldn't have been a better teacher.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

http://www.forestfreeride.co.uk

One and two day courses, one to one at no extra charge and a free bunkhouse … all in sunny mid Wales 😉

stevede
    Free Member

Great Rock – Ed's a very good teacher, just had a really productive weekend on his `the flow' course.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Got a course booked with Jedi next month, so can't comment yet, but will be great from what I've heard.

RayMazey
    Free Member
    mangoridebike

depends on where you live and who is local to you. There are lots of good ones out there – I'd recommend Emma and tracey at the Hub in Glentress if you're near there.

slowrider
    Free Member

thanks all, ill give em a ring and see who i can cope with having tell me what to do for a day

Bunnyhop

slowrider you fall off loads 'cos you is fast, rad and gnarly dude.
    Second the RayMazey skills course ^^^

LB18
    Free Member

UK bike skills – in 4 hrs Tony managed to increase my confidence level and have me riding things that I never would have dreamt I could do before the session. He figures out how you learn and then breaks things down in such a way that somehow they become logical. Had a course with him in July and keep finding myself in situations where what I learnt that day makes rides so much more enjoyable.

Mugboo

I'll second Stevede. I also spent the weekend on his 'Flow' course and would defo recommend it.

I'll be putting a review on http://www.singletraction.org.net next week.

Steve my emails in my profile if the offer of tape still stands, hope you kicked ass on the PT on monday…

jedi

thanks for the kind words 🙂

alexpalacefan

+1 for Tony, thanks mate, rode the MTB to work today, just so I could have a little blast through the park 🙂

APF

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Jedi for certain!

I've done two other courses myself, and have seen other courses in progress, and none of them have come close to UK Bike Skills 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Another vote for Jedi. Top quality bloke great teacher.

popstar
    Free Member

+1 for Ukbikeskills. My riding buddies don't recognise me these days.

Wookster

go uk bike skills mate just bloody brilliant!!!!

jedi

thanks guys and gals! im blown away 🙂

Andy at Dirt school is amazing, my missus went and she thought he was amazing plus the Glentress trails are perfect for coaching and you get to go on a mini road trip up there then!!!

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Depends who your local too…
    these people are good IMO http://www.getmountainbiking.co.uk/

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ditto for Jedi – Back in Spring I had a group session with him (bike skills – not anything else 😉 ) I've just been out today and still using what he taught me back then to improve my riding. Feel so much more in control and confident on the bike.

Every ride I'm out I'm thanking Tony for his tips.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a skills course’ is closed to new replies.