Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a single ring chain ring bolt tool
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just after a tool that will sit in the back of my single ring chain ring bolts to stop them spinning when trying to tigthen up?

ive only got a normal ice toolz ones which is next to useless, need something that is going to grip well and not move when pressure is applied to the outer bolt

any recommendations please?

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’ve always used a flat bladed screwdriver. Never had the need for a special tool.

nickjb
    Free Member

I just hold them with my finger. The friction on the chain-ring stops them spinning once they start to tighten. Sometimes need a tool to undo them. Are you sure they aren’t bottoming out?

nickjb
    Free Member

double post

avdave2

I found a flat bit of metal lying around of a suitable thickness and hacksawed a notch in it to allow the bolt to come through.

RobHilton
    Free Member

An allen key

They’re adaptable, steel & black. What’s not to like?
    Aside from the price…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Nick – they aren’t bottoming out as such they do tighten but just don’t lock I’m place, ie once they get tightest they just spin the back I’ve tried a shim on the back bolt (female?) and it was worse!

These are proper ID steel single chain ring bolts, never had a problem on the hope ring before my new race face one and that seems to be the problem!

Those trivativ ones look good will they work on new style xt cranks run single ring?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Those trivativ ones look good will they work on new style xt cranks run single ring?

I’m gonna chance it and say yes; I’ve got them on SLX cranks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a single ring chain ring bolt tool’ is closed to new replies.