Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a shed alarm
  • I’m upgrading the security at Mrs MTG’s house.
    I’m making the shed more physically secure and could do with some sort of alarm as well.
    I’ve looked at alarms on Screwfix and Maplins, but can’t decide which is best.
    There’s simple door ones, but I reckon a movement detector type would be better.
    Any recommendations ?

Anyone got an alarm ? What’s good ?

Mantastic
    Free Member

I have two large dogs

project
    Free Member

movement detectorist ones work better as you can place the detector out of reach, where as the contact ones need to be on the door and easily smashed.

Also think of a baby alarm if you have mains in the shed, it will alow you to hear if anything is going on, preferably hide the shed part in a small box, on a top shelf so its not noticed, remeber to put bolts through all door hinges, bars and a curtain on any window, secure the roof with builders band on the inside, security light, decent locks and hope burglars get put off and go somewhere else

wrecker
    Free Member

I was thinking of buying the loudest one I can find and putting the sounder inside the garage itself. That way nobody can shovel the box off the wall from the outside (I’ve seen this done) and hopefully the noise would be unbareable.
    PIR/ motion detectors can be bought pretty cheap. Just need volt free contacts on the control box. Battery backup is a must I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a shed alarm’ is closed to new replies.