Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • recommend me a shaving cream to try!!
  • steve-g
    Free Member

Clarins ftw

Would never pay what it costs but someone bought me some and it is magic

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I like the Edwin Jagger stuff combined with one of their badger brushes…

Edwin Jagger

Tiger6791

probably get flammed but the Clinique stuff is the only stuff I've found that doesn't give me a rash and lots of small white head spot things.

Not cheap though.

Cream £12
    Post Shave £16.50

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Drac – Member
    King of Shaves shaving gels take some beating.

+1.

jwt
    Free Member

I also use shaving soap and a brush, and when I'm not in a hurry, my 8 yr old daughter enjoys 'painting' on the soap before i shave.(mind you, I usually have to redo it when she's left)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

KoS gels +2

I don't have to shave often (every few days) but an am "extreme" beard grower – I just use this and a blade and it gets off even a thickish beard.

The secret is in the prep (or nothing will work) – late in the day as possible, hot shower beforehand ESSENTIAL, hot water for the shave, cold water afterwards then some balm.

After many years research (!) I am now rash and cut free.

When not going to meetings (most of the time) I use an i-trim stubble trimmer – works a treat.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Never seems to make a difference to me, only thing that makes a difference is the quality and the cleanliness of the blades.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ive used clinique gel for over 10 years now…its the best ive found…i think i tried them all pretty much!

10 quid a pot that lasts about 8 weeks…although i stock up at the airports as its around 8quid

rootes1

the real shaving co does a good system that include a first step includes a self heating 'hot towel mask' you leave on for a bit, before washing off and applying shaving cream – the hot stuff is like a diy squeezable tube version of a hot towel wrap – works well…. when I can be bothered to shave

boots sell it

vrapan
    Free Member

RS Shaving Gel for me, most other stuff I have used turn my face into patches of red monkey bum

alexxx
    Free Member

why have i just spent £53 on a traditional shaving kit… I dont even shave!
    I got suckered in 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I only use shaving oil, many shaving foams/gels gave me a rash or left my face feeling sore and/or dry. Tried shaving oil and it's excellent (and cheap). Usually buy Nuage, but also have tried some other fancy ones, they all do the job.

joolsburger
    Free Member

If travelling can we keep all this stuff in our manbags or do we need a special bag just for this, I'm confused…

I don't think the product matters what does matter is heat and moisture, best to shave after a shower/bath and use a brush if you get ingrowing hairs.

carlosg
    Free Member

I'm a cheapskate I use hair conditioner to shave. It moisturises and helps the razor glide across your skin.

I used to mainly use king of shaves oil but conditioner was reccomended to me by a beautician friend of my missus and works fine.

matthewjb
    Free Member

For those needing to stock up on expensive creams and oils, Mankind has 15% until midday tomorrow. Just use the promo code "PRIDEANDGLORY".

chewkw
    Free Member

I normally stick to a budget of less than £5 for shaving cream but for now I have gone beyond my budget of £5 by using St James I bought for £4.99 & £5.99 from TK Maxx. Otherwise, I would stick to Ingram, Palmolive or Erasmic shave cream all less than £3. So anything beyond that is expensive.

Pre/post-shave oil (same oil) I made it myself with Tea Tree oil etc. I try to keep it as organic as I can.

After shave is a bottle of distilled Witch Hazel from Boots for £2 (200ml). You might not like the smell but who cares as the smell will be gone after a while.

Not need to use moisturiser after shave etc because my homemade pre/post shave oil has taken care of that.

🙂

takisawa2

Body shop stuff in a pot, tiny bit on the brush & lather up on the face. I get about 10 months from a pot, shaving every day. About £8 I think. Aldi razor is good also, refills cheap. There shaving gel is pretty good too.

TPTcruiser

Somerset shaving oil. 90 shaves from a 30 ml bottle.

cheers_drive

King of Shaves gel

clubber
    Free Member

King of Shaves oil and nothing else for me, along with a Gilette Mach 3 (standard – none of the silly extras) – plenty of hot water and that does the job better than all the other alternatives I've tried having had all sorts of shaving rash problems before. It does 'gum' up the blade a bit but nothing that a quick shake in water/under the shower doesn't sort.

brassneck

I have several large pots of Real Shaving Co soap that anyone who wants it is welcome to – was in Poundland so I emptied their shelf only to find it burns my skin something rotten.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a shaving cream to try!!’ is closed to new replies.