Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a Santa Cruz Nickel or Something similar
  • tobytaylorj
    Free Member

Bike nicked yesterday – don’t really want to replace it with the same (Heckler) feels all bad, Has anyone ridden a Nickel, Im thinking of something a little less travel maybe a bit of a lighter build than the Heckler. I need some inspiration. And some money too.

My bike in happier times

DickBarton

I’d recommend you a Santa Cruz Nickel. (as per title!)

scaredypants

or something similar

Bregante

Not sure the nickel is particularly light tbh. I’ve been looking at them too and also quite like the Mythic Spitfire which is in a similar vein.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Nickel weighs more than the Heckler so if you’re looking for something for a lighter build you may want to look elsewhere.
    Blur LT or if you have the cash an LTC would be just the thing.
    Ibis Mojo’s are nice. SL for very light or HD 140 for a little more burly.
    Hecklers are very hard to beat for the price.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’ve just got a Spitfire, it’s pretty mega. 127mm at the back, slack angles, will take up to 160 at the front. I’m runnning U-Turn Lyriks, which let you set it up good for pretty much any trail. Not particularly heavy, but weight doesn’t really concern me so I don’t know how it compares to other stuff.

ddmonkey

Wait for it….

ddmonkey

How about an Orange 5?

slowrider
    Free Member

Butcher frame weighs similar to the nickel

I’d say go for a zesty, very fun bike indeed. I test rode one and had to have one!

If you were going for something shorter travel then I liked the trek I rode, really fast and lots of fun

tobytaylorj
    Free Member

I had overlooked the Lapierre (googling now) Dickbarton – do you have a Nickel – tell me more. As commented I have the same issue the Nickel as far as I can see is close to ideal for me – angles good, travel good, weight – too heavy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Santa Cruz Nickel or Something similar’ is closed to new replies.