Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend Me A Saddle Bag
  • andykirk
    Free Member

…looking for something that will take tubes and multitool and a waterproof jacket and a jersey and a sandwich, so large-ish I suppose.

The Blackburn Outpost looks like it might suffice, if a little big – appears though it can be scrunched down quite small when not at full capacity? Can anyone recommend anything similar? Fed up of wearing a backpack.

funtivitycolton
    Free Member

SP Connect has a couple of bags I’m seriously looking into. I’m really digging the mounting system. It seems really solid. I will get my hands on them pretty quick and let you know how they are.

They are maybe a tad smaller than you are looking for but if you double up I’m betting you could fit all that gear pretty easy.

Wedge Case
    Diamond Case

somafunk

Just to be different have you considered a small handlebar bag such as this “gnaro” 3l bag from Alpkit, that’s what i use on my scott genius

My review of it is further down the alpkit page along with a pic

whitestone
    Free Member

For commuting I use an Ortlieb saddlebag I can get (lightweight) waterproof, pump, phone, wallet and jersey in there with room to spare.

No reason why it couldn’t fit to an MTB, the strap that goes round the seatpost is maybe 15mm wide so shouldn’t affect a dropper post too much.

damascus
    Free Member

Ortlieb +1

andykirk
    Free Member

Funtivity – for some reason I am not really down with the shaped bags.

Somafunk – Thanks I forgot about Alpkit. Don’t really fancy the clutter up front, but the ‘Kowari’ saddle bag they do looks perfect!

Whitestone – The Ortleib looks perfect too – down to that or the Alpkit.

Thanks gentleman.

funtivitycolton
    Free Member

andykirk – Member
    Funtivity – for some reason I am not really down with the shaped bags.

Somafunk – Thanks I forgot about Alpkit. Don’t really fancy the clutter up front, but the ‘Kowari’ saddle bag they do looks perfect!

Whitestone – The Ortleib looks perfect too – down to that or the Alpkit.

Thanks gentleman.

Don’t all bags have a shape????? 😆 😆 😆

scotroutes

Another fan of the Ortlieb. Mine 8 years old and still bombproof.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend Me A Saddle Bag’ is closed to new replies.