Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • recommend me a saddle bag…..!
  • alpin
    Free Member

need a saddle bag so that the little bits in – tool, tube, cash etc – are close to hand and off my back.

scrollong through CRC as the lbs only has Ortlieb bags starting at 30€.

recommendations?

cheers

finbar
    Free Member

I've got two Trek ones and they've both lasted aaaages (7 years maybe for the older one) – highly recommended.

stumpy01

I got a dhb one from Wiggle that seems to do the job.

I'd go for a 'flap at the back' one over one with a zip all the way round. A friend we ride with had a zip all the way round one & the zip failed (presumably because of the weight constantly pulling on it) & he lost his car key from it. Luckily we found the key, but he was panicking for a while!
    With the 'flap at the back' ones, there is no load on the zip, apart from keeping the flap shut.

I think you'd have to be pretty unlucky for either of them to fail, but I'd rather not risk it & go for what I see is the safer option.

markd
    Free Member

The ortlieb ones are really rather good. We just sell them now really in the shop. They seem to work and last the best.

FuzzyWuzzy

Topeak ones are OK though one of mine is starting to fall apart after a couple of years. Specialized one on the road bike is OK to. Recently got a Lezyne one just for a tube + levers & CO2 for a race, it's OK quality (although the multi-tool compartment is a fraction too small to stick my Lezyne multi-tool in…).
    If getting a clip-in fastening one make sure it fits OK on your saddle rails.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a saddle bag…..!’ is closed to new replies.