Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a route near York and Leeds
  • OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

Was hoping to do a regular week-night ride with a pal. Something we can do in about an hour or so and somewhere fairly equidistant between Leeds and York so we can both get there easy enough

Not been to Stainburn but think it might be a bit too DH for our needs. All suggestions welcome though!

tomhoward

Not been to Stainburn but think it might be a bit too DH for our needs. All suggestions welcome though!

theres loads of other riding in the area though, not just restricted to the trail centre trails. plus its very much not a DH venue, more super techy XC. (there is a ‘descent line’ but think of that as just a normal trail centre descent, rather than a dh run)

ton

there is a nice quiet ride from harewood top gates (junction of wyke lane).
    it goes offroad to east kewick, then over the river and up to sicklinghall, down to netherby, along riverside to harewood bridge then up through harewood grounds back to the start.
    12 miles.

willjones
    Free Member

then over the river

Ton – good route. Do you mean Wood Hall Bridge? Is it open again?

wadam00
    Free Member

The west York MTB book by vertebrae publishing has some routes in this area. There are a few loops possible around hardwood that are decent too. Head down the hill from the top gate, up around the house and out near the main gate, follow hardwood av East and onto a Bw that drops down then back up coming out on wyke lane…from there hit other BW to expand the loop.

OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

The Harewood house loop looks good, will give that a try thanks.

Can anyone suggest routes near Knaresborough? That’s also a good meeting point when coming from both York and Leeds.

grobin13
    Free Member

I’d also be interested in routes near Knaresborough. Literally waiting for the removal men as we move there today. First thing I intend to do before unpacking is head out to explore.

Have you considered sutton bank. Midway between York and Leeds (well sort of). Great riding when it is dry….

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Have you considered sutton bank. Midway between York and Leeds (well sort of). Great riding when it is dry….

You really, really, really need to look at a map more closely.

porlus
    Free Member

Not got any routes. But nidderdale must be good. We did a walk over Christmas. Parked up in pately bridge. Terrain looked great for xc stuff.

sboardman

Sounds like ton’s route is the anti clockwise version of the Evans ride it event from March 2014 (linko). I’ve done it a couple of times and the riverside section is a slog if its been wet. Bridge was still out last summer, but haven’t been down that way recently to check. Nice route either way.

The VP book is great, still working my way through them all!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s a fair bit of (not that techy) stuff all around Boroughbridge/Wetherby/Ouseburn areas. Some decent b/ways for an hours blast.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a route near York and Leeds’ is closed to new replies.