Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • recommend me a route in the lakes
  • D0NK

For tomorrow, weathers looking iffy so no high passes. Done a few ambleside and grisedale routes so not there. Did borrowdale 2 weeks ago so that’s out too. My riding colleague is not on top form so circa 20miles please

perfect walker free technical trails, free parking spot, excellent pub midride, moon on a stick 😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

D0NK

nice pic, yours? this looked nice on monday 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Stavely – Gatesgarth Pass – Harter Fell – Nan Bield Pass – Kentmere – Stavely

D0NK

ir_bandito, done NB and gatesgarth not done harter fell tho, but as I said iffy weather so looking to stay a bit lower. cheers anyway.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Not mine, a Google grab…yours looks lovely and yes, I’m envious… 🙂

D0NK

That’s from the same guy you posted, had a quick look around his site. The distinct lack of mtb shots suggested it wasn’t an STWer but thought I’d check 🙂

lowey

Ennerdale, scarth gap, buttermere, floutern tarn, Ennerdale ?

Or push it out a little and include Wharnscale Bottoms and Haystacks.

lowey

Nether wasdale, Haycock, Ennerdale, anglers crag, Lank Rigg, Scalderskew, Nether Wasdale….

D0NK

cheers lowey I’ll have a look at them

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

How about…

1 – Patterdale, over top into Boredale, and then back along the lakeside, or you can double that distance and go along to Pooley Bridge, up the hill a bit and back along the bridleway that brings you to Howtown.

2 – Keswick, go up aroud Lonscale Fell and back along Blencathra side, or maybe that is included in the Borrowdale Bash?

3 – Walna Scar road loop? or is that too high, or actually have they resurfaced the south side of that now too?

D0NK

Did boredale earlier this year, possibility tho, lonscale & Walna scar are regular routes too and yes they resurfaced/ruined WS last year, again thanks for suggestions tho.

Junkyard
    Free Member

For tomorrow, weathers looking iffy so no high passes. Done a few ambleside and grisedale routes so not there. Did borrowdale 2 weeks ago so that’s out too. My riding colleague is not on top form so circa 20miles please I am riding solo as far as you like

he not **** coming or driving you cheeky ****

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

awkward…

D0NK

My riding colleague who would normally be able to knock out 30-40mile lakeland epics no problem has recently been spending too much time playing karate kid and neglected his riding so is not quite as AWSUM as usual so can we keep it under 20miles.

Any better junkyard?
    🙂

D0NK

lowey you’ve lost me on that second one mate, can’t see how you get from anglers crag to lank rigg unless you mean this worryingly none row track here

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’d be minded to take anyone’s advice that includes Haycock with a pinch of salt me. That route out of Wasdale is purgatory, it’s 80% unrideable and the grass is hard work just pushing through. The descent into Ennerdale is a mixture of grass, heather and hidden rocks and steep. It’s rideable but it’s not fun at all.

I think Lank Rigg would be more of the same, but I’ve not ‘ridden’ that one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ego suitably STOKED

I will leave further comment till I know how I did 8)

nwilko
    Free Member

staveley / kentmere ? garburn pass??
    less walkers.. not sure where youd fit a pub in halfway though.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Park Blawith old church, Head towards Coniston , Turn right Water Yeat left and then right up Nibthwaite over Parka moor , down Brantwood into coniston , several pubs for a snack, if feeling lazy round bottom through camp sites or if fit up by the Sun pub and onto side of Coniston old man, traverse this dropping down to Torver past quarry and waterfall , left after Church House Inn , first right and over Torver common out past Beacon tarn then drop down to Blawith, 17/19 miles IIRC but could easily increase.

emmodd
    Free Member

First Lakeland trip with the bikes this weekend and doing the 3 passes tomorrow – can’t wait. Grisedale Sunday too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a route in the lakes’ is closed to new replies.