Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a restaurant in Chester please!
  • lunge

I have a Saturday night in Chester soon with Mrs Lunge and need somewhere to eat. The criteria is:
    Not too expensive
    Good food, doesn’t have to be posh, elaborate stuff, just well cooked food
    Good cocktails close by, ideally in the same place, Mrs Lunge bloody loves a good cocktail
    Central ish. So we can go out afterwards, we’re staying near the train station if that helps?

Moules A Go Go and Artichoke have been suggested (as have Upstairs at The Grill, Sticky Walnut and Hickory’s Smokehouse but they have no tables when we need them), are either any good? And/or is there anywhere else to look at?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Joseph Benjamin on Northgate Street – there’s a cocktail place about 10 yards away as well.

sharkbait
    Free Member

As you prob know there’s a free bus from the train station into town. personally I wouldn’t bother with the first two anyway – the others are all good but Upstairs at the grill is not cheap. Sticky Walnut is fab but very small.

bigG
    Free Member

Upstairs at the grill would be my choice if I was eating out in Chester.

prawny

I love Hickories, I’m going a week today. Booked online last night 🙂

lunge

Sadly Upstairs and Hickory are both fully booked. Any other ideas?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Seriously….. JOSEPH BENJAMIN – it’s really good (unless you’re after something and chips)

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Does she like italian ?? … if so this place …. food is excellent and service is first class, not too expensive either 🙂

http://www.ristorantesergio.co.uk/index1.htm

mulv1976
    Free Member

I recommend that Italian too but it does book up fast

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a restaurant in Chester please!’ is closed to new replies.