Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a rack (and panniers).
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just been asked if I fancy the C2C next year, unsupported, so I’ll be carrying a bit of gear.

The hardtail has rack mounts (and I use it for the daily commute too) so it’s tempting to stick a rack on it and not lug around a mahoosive rucksack around.

I’ve got disks, so presumably a disk specific rack is required. I’ve bent mudguard stays to fit, but I’m thinking that’s a little trickier with a rack 🙂

Any decent racks out there that don’t cost the earth? Don’t really have a budget, but was kinda thinking £50ish for rack and maybe a little more of set of panniers.

Ta.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Anyone?

glupton1976
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22653 this for a rack and Ortleib panniers if you can afford them.

barn
    Free Member

Blackburn EX1 – cheap as chips, but works a treat.
    Spend the saving on Ortlieb panniers, bombproof German quality, properly waterproof.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

And should I be looking at something like 20 litre panniers? Not expecting to tour the world, something I can lug to work and give me a few days kit is all I’m planning really.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Something around the 20L per bag option would be fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Topeak DX rack.

Ortleib panniers.

I’ve got 2x25l for the rear and 2x20l for the front on the tourer.

It depends how light you pack

MTB C2C or road? If you’re on the road MTFU and do it in a day 😛 Off-road then I’d get a trailer rather than panniers, TBH I’d rather a trailer on road too, but I’ve got panniers.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

If you’re on the road MTFU and do it in a day

Done it in a day 8) but a few buddies have never done anything like it so it’s going to be a ‘sociable’ couple of days!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a rack (and panniers).’ is closed to new replies.