Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend me a pump
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

currently got an old blackburn mammoth which is ok, but it's very difficult to change between valve types.
    Now I'm doing a lot more riding with the kids, groups I can't control all valves to be of one type like I used to.

So, what pump is good and can easily swap between valve types, ideally without taking it apart and moving bits around??

Something camelback size, not a tiny one that takes an age to get up to a decent pressure .

bristolbiker
    Free Member

One of the Topeak Morph pumps in whatever flavour suits you best, so prob a Mountain Morph.

TrevorB

If changing from presta to schrader is the main problem, then the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HV could be the answer. The screw on end swaps easily from one to the other. Works great on my Lezyne track pump 🙂

chriswilk
    Free Member

thanks, I'll look at both these.

changing valve types is the main problem at the moment, but mainly because it's almost impossible with my current pump.

GGB_Andrew
    Free Member

My Jo Blo (or something like that) has been good for several years…

chriswilk
    Free Member

GGB – the Jo Blow was a track pump – I've got one in the garage.
    Or do they do a smaller version for out on the trail??

z1ppy

MTB Morph evertime for me, still has the 'faff' of changing the adapter, but it works so much better than any other mini-pump it's no drawback.
    Get the std one, not the mini or new mega version, and if you can get the older version without the gauge I'd recommend that.

a-la
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2908

mtb_matt
    Free Member

What's wrong with the Turbo mini? The gauge is quite useful.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Lezyne Alloy Drive – beautifully made and you just swap the hose round for the right valve

z1ppy

matt, I wouldn't want any smaller pump than the 'normal' version, and any gauge is a waste of time unless on a track pump IMO (more to break and are they really any good?).

AdamML
    Free Member

I really like the Park PMP-5 frame pump

Good review 2/3rds of the way down this page.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a pump’ is closed to new replies.