Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Recommend me a 'playfu'l 160mm full suss
  • blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Also there are a few threads about them on here.

gotdurt
    Free Member

Bottom line: if you truly want “playful”, you are barking up the wrong tree; the longer the bike and larger the wheel, the less playful, but the more stable (stability is what makes it less playful). If you feel you must have the trendy long reach, then make sure the stays are under 430mm.

hainman
    Free Member
    deviant
    Free Member

Giant Trance….ok it’s not 160mm, the new one is 150mm front and 140mm rear….but the Maestro suspension system is firm, 140mm keeps things interesting and the longer fork (will take a 160mm happily) gives a margin for error…not overly long like I found the Reign and pedals well to boot, easiest FS I’ve ever ridden.
    The latest 2017 models are future proofed with Boost spacing and come with a decent parts spec comparable now to many direct sales firms.

You can go more XC orientated (obviously) and there are also 160mm bikes out there currently that ride like mini DH bikes and take all the fun out of the trail but for me 140mm out back feels just right on a UK full suss….i owned a Saracen Ariel when the brand relaunched in 2011 (or ’12?) and that also had 140mm rear travel and was great fun too!

chakaping
    Free Member

Bottom line: if you truly want “playful”, you are barking up the wrong tree; the longer the bike and larger the wheel, the less playful, but the more stable (stability is what makes it less playful). If you feel you must have the trendy long reach, then make sure the stays are under 430mm.

This is pretty much what I was saying in a more roundabout kind of way.

If he wants 170mm travel, a long reach and a degree of playfulness – the Swoop is possibly the only bike that fits the bill.

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

Where are you OP..
    It a getting into demo season now so you should get your self off to a couple of demos

tymbian
    Free Member

Om based in Oxfordshire..

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve got a Reign and it’s a great bike. If you compare to the cost of a Patrol and a pairange of forks, the Base model Reign gets you a whole bike.

Alternative option a Whyte G160. Plenty fast fun slack and long.

Commencal Meta V4. Something

timraven

+1 for the Cotic Rocket

tymbian
    Free Member

Which of the Rocket incarnatoons are you thinking?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 'playfu'l 160mm full suss’ is closed to new replies.