Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me a nice easy flat route to do with the lad….
  • dknwhy

Summer holidays are here so I need to find some stuff to do to entertain the boy.

He had an off the other week at Richmond Park so is pretty nervous on his bike at the moment. I’m looking for a route of about 5-10 miles that is relatively flat and on a decent surface with somewhere we can stop for lunch. We’re in South London/Surrey.
    Don’t mind driving somewhere but want something easy to get his confidence back.

I’d thought of doing a section of the Downs Link but I hear it’s tree-lined so could be boring for him.

Suggestions?

muddyground
    Free Member

Worth Way from Crawley to East Grinstead, or Downs Link out of Southwater. Bit more fun would be riding along the North Downs from Reigate Hill. Took some Cubs along there last year and they had a blast.

kilo

you could ride around esher commom and about, head out towards box hill on stane street (can be chalky on some of the escents )or ride around headley common and box hill, something like some of this;

off road to Box hill from kingston and back

not all 100% flats but bits are fairly easy

dknwhy

Thanks both. I’ll check them out…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a nice easy flat route to do with the lad….’ is closed to new replies.