• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a nice basic art package for a Mac please
  • finners

I would like to design logo / branding graphics for a project. Something from iTunes preferred. Or, i guess a slightly questionable on the legal front, torrent download.

thanks 🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Creative cloud is were it’s at. Corel draw is ok for vectors. Don’t torrent it some of us have to pay.

Sandwich

I would have a trawl through the logo programmes in the app store then see what on-line reviews say about each one. EazyDraw seemed ok when I had a play with it.

Creative Cloud might be a bit expensive for a couple of months use.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If you’re happy to pay for it then Affinity Designer is very good, costs a £39.99. It is good although I don’t think its quite as good as Adobe Illustrator despite some reviews claiming it is but it is a lot cheaper and will comfortably do everything you’d want.

mrben101
    Free Member

For branding/logo work you want to use a vector drawing package. Affinity Designer seems to be the best of the non Adobe bunch. Pixelmator does vectors now to apparently but I’ve not tried it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Studio-8 or KidPix

Inkscape?

geoffj

Inkscape is to illustrator what Gimp is to photoshop
    Good bit of kit, but watch a few tutorials.

allthegear
    Free Member

You don’t say whether the project is print or online, there are different requirements for each.

My favourite online logo app by far is Sketch. It’s in the Mac App Store. I have used it for some basic print media stuff too but it doesn’t support CYMK.

Rachel

nach
    Free Member

Seashore is also a decent, free image editor for OS X, and my go to for basic stuff like resizing images etc.

If you want to do vector stuff, iDraw isn’t free but is cheap, though slightly limited in terms of what it can import and export.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a nice basic art package for a Mac please’ is closed to new replies.