Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a new BMX
  • chrisgibson
    Free Member

Self explanatory really, bought a cheap and cheerful (and heavy) BMX from gumtree in order to see how it was riding something totally unsuited to trails.

Absolutely love it and feel it has made me better with the bigger wheels.

Thinking of getting something a bit better as the cheap and cheerful is starting to be a bit more broken in places – due to cheap not me crashing all the time (though a bit of that too).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chris

sam_underhill

watches with interest.

wilko1999
    Free Member

How tall are you? Are you riding street, park, trails etc? If I was in the market right now for a complete new BMX I’d go for something like this, a good all-rounder, probably this in fact:

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/66208/WeThePeople_Crysis_2014_BMX_Bike

21″ tt full crmo frame, 3 pc cranks, good components all over and good for someone up to and a little over 6′ tall. What do you class as cheap by the way?

toby1

Park vs track is pretty useful to know. I bought a Redline cruiser from Winstanleys, love it!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I hate it when people do this…

My unused (i.e.1h pavement mincing) 2012 Wethepeople Trust; £300 collected from Warwickshire.

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Hi,

More trail riding than skate parks.

Am 6’2.

Rusty that’s a stunning bike however is a bit beyond where I can get to for collection.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Where are you?

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Toppers – Maidstone Kent.

nach
    Free Member

Custom Riders tend to have Flybikes BMXes knocked down from RRP:
    http://www.customriders.com/prodlist.asp?a=srch&srchstr=&specialoffer=&srchIS=&srchProduct=57&srchBrand=4049&sort=1&pg=1

I bought a 2012 Proton from them for around £280, and it’s been great compared to the ebay cheapo I was riding and the hire bikes at the NCC.

qwerty
    Free Member

Social Narc 21″ @ £289 available from eBay bnib, was cheapest full CroMo I could find when looking (but managed to get mine for 270 IIRC).

Pigface
    Free Member

Mason @ Custom Riders will have what you want.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new BMX’ is closed to new replies.