Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a Mexican restaurant in that London
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

Off for a birthday meal in town at the w/e, fancy a mexican, haven’t had one in ages, so what’s decent now in London. Can’t believe the ammount there are now, massively increased in number since I moved to the burbs, after Tex Mex went out of fashion in the 90’s it just seemed to be Cafe Pacifico. Wahaca? Boho Mecixo? Navaho Joe?

simon_g

Wahaca is ace, and pretty cheap. The soho one (Wardour St iirc) is usually quieter and easier to get a table at than Cov Garden. They don’t do bookings so ideally avoid peak times to get a table straight away.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

La Perla on Maiden Lane, WC2 was rather good last time I went.

Paulio
    Free Member

Santo on Portobello Road does good food and drink, it’s quite small though so worth booking I reckon.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

If your in Croydon, try “El Sombrero”.

The food may possibly be mediocre, the restaurant a parody of everyhting awful about mexican food, from the happy hour margaritas and sombreros on the wall, but its where they filmed an edition of “peep show”, and you can pretend your meeting “Johnson” for a meeting, whilst trying not to pretend ytou work there……

For that reason alone, its cooler than Planet Hollywood ever could aspire to being.

Bimbler
    Free Member

In the end we left a bit late so didn’t have time for a proper sit down and ended up in Benitos Hat. It was great and I’ll definitely be going back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Mexican restaurant in that London’ is closed to new replies.