Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a London Hotel
  • downshep

Taking my better half to London for her 40th next month. Going by train from Glasgow Central to Euston. Array of available hotels and special offers utterly bewildering. Any 4* hotels in the Westminster / Theatre District worth staying at?

ridethelakes
    Free Member

All pretty pricey in Theatreland, this one is good value though and couldn't be better located:

Strand Palace Hotel

Much cheaper over Bayswater, Hyde Park way if you're willing to travel.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I did exact the same with my missus recently, and we stayed right in Westminster by the water at the city inn, it was an excellent hotel, very cool, with apple macs in the room for web surfing and TV! Go to http://www.llaterooms.com and they are usually on there. Dont think they were too pricey either

Nick

I've stayed many a night in the City Inn, it is a nice hotel, as is the Crowne Plaza across the river.

They are a bit out of the way though, no tube that close, walkable into town of course but not exactly in the middle of the action.

If you can stretch to it the Marriott County Hall is nice, there's a couple of new hotels nearby (Park Plaza I think, not stayed there)

The Guoman (used to be Thistle) at Charing Cross is the best placed though, couple of stops south of Euston on the Northern Line, right at the top of Villiers St so you can finish the night drinking port in Gordon's wine bar, which is where my wife and I stayed last year for a weekend restaurant/theatre trip

zaskar
    Free Member

Will ask what hotel I stayed at, right on the street as the theatres next to china town.

cakeeater
    Free Member

Can highly recommend the Apex Hotels. The London Wall property only opened just before Xmas. The City of London one is well placed close to Tower Hill Tube 5 min walk to Tower Bridge. Great location, book direct on their website to get the best available rate. Great Hotels in Edinburgh too and the Dundee Hotel has excellent Spa facilities.
    http://www.apexhotels.co.uk

woffle
    Free Member

Hazlitts – slap bang in the middle of theatreland and something different to the slightly generic chain hotels – not too pricey either – if you ask you can generally get a good deal. Stayed there before xmas and it was thoroughly recommended…

web linky here

downshep

Many thanks for the suggestions, we'll click the links and get choosing.

theyEye
    Free Member

The strand palace is well located, but a total dive. Definitely not for a romantic weekend.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you want the best, go to The Goring.

jahwomble
    Free Member

We used this one, even had our wedding reception there.

According to Tatler, The Soho is the most glamorous hotel in the world, and having having stayed in many boutique hotels all over the world. I would have to agree

teagirl
    Free Member
    zaskar
    Free Member

Best Western Premier Shaftesbury Piccadilly but it wasn't the cheapest or a big deal but hey you want location near a car park or shops and theatre? can't be beat.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Took Nat to County Hall Marriott the other weekend. Very nice indeed, but admittedly not the cheapest. We also noticed the pods from the Eye going past our window while we were getting jiggy!

doc_blues
    Free Member

No16 in Kensington (same people as CHarlotte ST hotel) – very lovely boutique hotel – did a fantastic wedding for my mates a couple of years back and couldnt do enough for guests staying overnight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a London Hotel’ is closed to new replies.