Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Recommend me a lightweight jacket
  • richmtb

Looking for a lightweight summer waterproof, something that will pack down nice and small, something under £100

Ta,

Rich

richmtb

I don’t know the hive mind can be disapointing sometimes. You ask a question about antimatter and you get an answer. You ask a question about a cycling jacket and you are on to plums

simondbarnes

Endura Heliums are pretty nice

jkomo

I noticed a berghaus one in tk max £70.
    Taped seems foldaway shell jobby.

Mackem

Have a look at the DHB(wiggle) stuff, all decent, probably half the price you are talking about.

I have no experience of their waterproofs, but shoes, gilet, shorts and other bits and bobs have been great. (if you get the right size, they are relatively small).

CraigW
    Free Member

I like my Montane Velocity jacket.

sputnik
    Free Member

Another vote for Montane Velocity, and its under £50.

richmtb

Thanks guys,

The Montane jacket does look good

cynic-al
    Free Member

I do work there but the EBC Hot Pack ones use some fancy Schoeller permanent DWR-like “nano” fabric, £60, I am interested (not really waterproof though).

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Aldi next week and only a tenner!

carlphillips
    Free Member

any montane kit all day long….superb.

nickdavies

I’ve got the montane featherlite – £30 on CRC if you’re one of the weird sizes left!

rOcKeTdOg

Castelli strada, athletic fit though so pies are out, showerproof tho but a fully waterproof would be too hot for summer surely?

flashes
    Free Member

Yep, Aldi for me, their windproof top has been brill for the winter commutes…….

stevied
    Free Member

Got a Berghaus Pac-lite shell from TK a while ago for about £75, very good..

vinnyeh

Who’s selling Velocity’s for less than £50?

richmtb

Well I found a Montane Velocity for £66 on Winstanley Bikes.

Cheapest I could find in a medium so I bought it

kcshaple
    Free Member

Cheers richmtb as I need something similar for first Alps trip in June. Montaine Velocity ordered from Winstanley Bikes although website says currently out of stock.

kcshaple
    Free Member

Unfortunately Winstanley offer has ended. No restocking possible.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Where is the Velocity under 50 quid? I’m looking at places here in Oz and seems to be around the 100 dollar mark.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Where is the Velocity under 50 quid? I’m looking at places here in Oz and seems to be around the 100 dollar mark.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Here, I bought one of these recently, very impressed, especially for the price. It is a medium but fits me at 5ft 10 and regular build.

http://www.bikesyoulike.co.uk/product/7612/Altura_Attack_Waterproof_Jacket_2013

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a lightweight jacket’ is closed to new replies.