Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a light, V-brake compatible 26" steel frame for pumptracks please!
  • hock

I would like to build a light and agile bike from what I have lying around from my old Cross-Country MTB (that’s why it would be nice to be able to use V-Brakes and respective wheelset ).

It doesn’t need to deal with big jumps or anything but should be fun and agile on a pumptrack.

I have a fairly short (</= 80mm) Kona Project II fork and the parts of my Cross-Country MTB lying around for this projekt. Just need the frame, preferably 2nd hand..

I’d love a steel frame but could deal with Alu as well (older DMR Trailstar?!).

What would you recommend:
    – any good (steel) “dirt” frames from V-brake era?
    – is there such thing as a light (2kg) “dirt” frame? 4X?!
    – alternatively: would a small normal CC-frame work, too? (14″, 16″, I normally ride a 18″ CC bike) ?
    (- has anybody used “too” small BFes as a pumptrack bike? (I know, disc only))

Many thanks!
    Hock

kayak23

Dmr sidetrack is a great frame and takes vees or discs.
    Incidentally, with brakes like deore costing under £40, being able to change down the line wouldn’t be a bad thing.

smokey_jo

Get over to retrobike and sniff out an old GT Zaskar or Avalanche in 14 or 16

VanHalen

Any old small bike will do. You don’t need brakes for a pump track. Smaller frame the better

I have a small old giant acid frame you can have for super cheap if you want. It has v brake lugs. It’s rawed but not pretty!

I have an retro sunn bmix for my pump track. I want to get a cheap bmx though as they are best for pump tracks.

If you have a bfe already use that.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ignore the above, get an alu frame (and not a zaskar!)

Old chameleon, infact most old dirt alu dirt frames would fit the bill.

Giant STP? Identiti something or other. Anything with a short back end.

kimbers

thers a 14inch kona lava dome on ebay at the moment disc or v, adjustable dropouts

chiefgrooveguru

I’d just get a cheap secondhand BMX – pump perfection for minimal cost and effort!

hock

Many thanks – all of this helped! Might also consider going for a BMX instead.

THANKS!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a light, V-brake compatible 26" steel frame for pumptracks please!’ is closed to new replies.