Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a letting agency in Glasgow please
  • Mac
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m looking to let my two bedroom Garnet Hill flat in Glasgow through an agency however, have no experience choosing one.

Can anyone recommend me an agency that they have used or have heard positive feedback about? Any advice on which one or how to choose would be extremely useful.

Thanks!

mactheknife

Mac, do you live locally to where you will be letting the flat out. I say this because i put my house i was letting out in the hands of a letting agent who has pretty much done no work on my behalf.

To this end i advertised the house in Gumtree, had a solicitor draw up a tenancy agreement along with a AT5 form and did everything myself. Within a week we had a young couple move in who provided references and deposit etc.

As long as you can arrange workmen to come out in an emergency and are happy to deal with the council tax and utility bills which is a doddle and only a couple of phone calls then there really is no reason to give an agent 10% or more of your rental.

Brycey
    Free Member

I use Remax in Shawlands and I really can’t fault them. Never had a tenant gap in 4 years of more than a day or two, fixed the few issues I’ve had without fuss or excessive cost.

ittaika
    Free Member

there’s a firm called TLC as well which seem to do an alright job, although i think mactheknife makes sense. depends if you’re going to be available at short notice to fix things i suppose.

Mac
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice however, I will be managing the property from London so I’m hoping to manage from a distance through an agency. Thanks for the suggestions – does anyone else have any input?

tomd
    Free Member

I rented a flat through happylets at the start of the year. I’ve rented for years and of all the agents I have come across they have been the best from my side. Professional, did what they said they would when they would and carried out all inspections and repairs quickly and at agreed times. Not sure what they charge the landlord but at least they are managing the property.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a letting agency in Glasgow please’ is closed to new replies.