Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • recommend me a laptop bag for bike use
  • Leon
    Free Member

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend me a couple of laptop bags for use on a bike commute, preferably “messenger style”.

Looking for one that is pretty small, and just fits 1 days stuff in it, and then something a bit larger that, with economic packing, can do for overnight trips.

At the moment I have a Pakuma K2, which is sort of somewhere in the middle, and is now falling apart after 5 years use.

geoffj

Patagonia Half Mass and Mini Mass the critical mass is huuuuuuuuuuuuuge

rewski
    Free Member

I use a swissgear fits a 17″ powerbook just fine, I put it in a bin bag with a hi viz bump in the rain, lasted 3 years so far.

Leon
    Free Member

Thanks – good start.

I should have mentioned, not a pannier bag, unless it is very non-pannier bag when off, as I will likely be traipsing all over the place with it once I am off the bike

jedi

duffbag.com do them

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

http://www.crumpler.eu/index.cfm?seite=laptop&sprache=EN

Love crumpler stuff. I have a 6 year old wonder weenie next to me, still going strong.

binners

Howies Chevron courier bag. can’t recommend them highly enough. They’re absolutely indestructible. I’ve had mine for years and use it daily for the commute, and its showing no signs of wear. They have a padded internal pocket that comfotably takes my 17″ Macbook and you can fit in a change of clothes too. Its got loads of pockets for your phone/keys/ipod etc too

sc-xc

Word of caution on the chevron…although mine is the newer version.

The strap that secures the bag to the shoulder strap is the weak point – mine has already been back to Howies for repair…and looks like it’s on the way out again. Only had a few months.

My mates – the old version – is still going strong.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a laptop bag for bike use’ is closed to new replies.